RE: [tt-forum] Trapping & snaring animals

  • Steve Veeneman
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      Also a steady diet of lean meat is dangerous. Rabbit
      fever is the common term for eating more and more lean
      meat and you sicken and die. The idea is that we need
      fat with the protein etc. When native americans would
      kill a deer and discover an absence of fat they had a
      little ceremony and buried it. I think I read that in
      an account of the Beaver tribe in Nova Scotia.

      The zetan counsel about grubs and bugs may be very
      useful here.

      Steve

      --- REGINA FINDLAY <regfindnow@...> wrote:

      > Ther will be very few animals left. I think we
      > should leave them alone for a few generations.
      > Unless the very last rabbit on the planet tastes
      > particularly good. There's not that much meat on one
      > and they'll be skinny and stressed. Are we going to
      > repeat the mistakes of the past?

      =====
      # Steve Veeneman - svnmn@...
      # Simple Self Programming -
      # http://heartsyncgateway.com/project.htm

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • krcosh
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
        Hi Regina:

        I agree that those species that are having a hard time should be left alone but there are some that thrive on insects of which there will be plenty.  Its just common sense, like why hunting is not done in the spring and summer while young are being raised.  I will still be ready to hunt and trap for when it is appropriate.  As to "repeat the mistakes of the past", I'm not sure what your referring to.  Sure they wiped out the buffalo (almost), but that wasn't hunters, that was the U.S. government  wanting to control the Indians.  There is alot of misinformation with regard to hunting and trapping and man has always played an integral part in the historical eco-system as a hunter.  In many cases species are at historical high populations like white tailed deer and Canada geese, to the point of being a nusance.

        Trapping and even snaring also applies to fish, which will do ok in larger water bodies.  So I would maintain that this is an important skill set if used responsibly.

        Kraige