Re: [tt-forum] Re: [tt-inc] Technology Challenge Solution: Mikelob@gte question?

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      Ken wrote:

      If we're going to accept the Zeta data concerning a Pole shift and the
      return of the 12th planet, shouldn't we also accept their statements that
      there will be very high surface winds, an almost constant drizzle, and heavy
      overcast for many YEARS following the Pole shift? If memory serves me, the
      Zetas said it would be as long as 10-20 years before we see the sun again.
      Shouldn't the concentration be placed on managing underground, protected
      growing facilities?

      Hi Ken

      Excellent point! I have been considering this aspect for some time now. Some
      'experts' (you can never believe these buggers, else they would all be saying
      the same thing & they do not!) expect surface winds of greater or very much
      greater than 1000 mph surface winds.

      This means that all the hurricanes together would be a mere 'puff' in their
      destructive comparison. This may well mean that just about all abodes on the
      surface, in the path of such a wind would be blown to bits! All animals, birds,
      trees, shrubs, humans etc in the path of such a wind would be destroyed.

      Then, just in case some do survive we might very well, especially if there is
      heaps of global volcanoes and/or meteorite impact, have several years (2-say 6)
      of total darkness. During this time, all surviving plant & animal matter will
      die. Plants will wilt, turn to mush & disappear if the sulphuric (acid) rains do
      not get everything first. The acid rains will also corrode the metal structures
      and threaten the water supplies.

      I do not necessarily subscribe to all the above happening, but it does represent
      a 'worst case' scenario. We in all likelihood will experience degrees of some of
      the above. By the way, I have not listed all the other things that may go wrong.

      However, this raises the question of what the hell must we do to prepare for in
      this forum and what is the likely severity level of any one or combination of
      disasters we might expect?? In this instance the farmers are wasting their time
      & money, so is everybody else. How would we be able to survive?? Nothing I have
      read so far on 'tt' comes even close in really addressing the scale of what may
      actually happen.

      It seems to me to be reasonably obvious that we HAVE to go underground and have
      to have ability to recycle everything. We have to be able to generate our own
      energy, oxygen, food sources, waste disposal & other materials for survival. We
      have to create vast stores of foods, seeds, knowledge, etc so that we might
      re-seed the race when eventually things return to normal. We might have to
      consider a Noah's ark of some essential plants & animals we might wish to
      continiue with on this planet. In the interim, how do we feed them for 6 years.
      If we do not ensure that knowledge/science/technology survives the race will
      regress to the stone age over a period of time. This topic was well explored in
      the 70s by the scifi novel 'The last American'

      This would require an extremely well planned, well organised, vast survival
      strategy to ensure that the subsequent survival is tenable. The underground
      complex that this would require would be substantial and require considerable
      funding. It would have to be re-inforced probably into a mouintain side or a
      super structure that has been dug into the ground of substantial size to provide
      for all the requirements.

      So what do we ordinary folks do in the interim? I guess we have to hedge our
      bets as to what is going to happen & how bad it is going to get & then prepare
      in accordance with our budgets. In the ideal world there would be government
      funding for such projects or ordinary people would be able to co-ordinate the
      total picture by having smaller groups that would own some of the total
      requirements. Across many groups that would create a community that would
      address the total plan.

      The only uncertainty is the 'WHEN' of all this. It is certain that some all of
      these things will happen apart or together, (who knows). Depending on whom you
      listen to this may be from next year to in 20 years time. We may prepare & then
      wait for the rest of our lifetimes as this will happen only in hundreds or
      thousands or tens of thousands of years. The guesstimating everybody will have
      to do for themselves.

      Each one of the above scenarios is a huge topic in its own right. I hope that we
      are able to piece together some of the total body of knowledge that is required.

      Regards

      Stephen S.

      Educate-Yourself wrote:

      > If we're going to accept the Zeta data concerning a Pole shift and the
      > return of the 12th planet, shouldn't we also accept their statements that
      > there will be very high surface winds, an almost constant drizzle, and heavy
      > overcast for many YEARS following the Pole shift? If memory serves me, the
      > Zetas said it would be as long as 10-20 years before we see the sun again.
      > Shouldn't the concentration be placed on managing underground, protected
      > growing facilities?
      >
      > Ken

    • Stephen Spiesser
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hi

        Just two things I forgot to mention:

        1.  On Halloween a 5km long asteroid passed earth by only 7 million kms, in cosmic terms a hairs breadth. Luckily it is known (called Toutatis). It will be back on 29/9/2004 missing us by only 1 million kms. It is of a size that would seriously screw up our summer.  Link at:

        2.  Any of a number of events, (volcanos, tectonic wobbles, comet/asteroid impact in the ocean) will set off serious tsunamis all over the world. This will cause serious flooding for many miles inland.

        So further to my last post, the underground idea seems ok, but built on high ground, probably higher than 1500 foot at least!!

        Regards

        Stephen S.
      • Clipper Ordiway
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000

          Just two things I forgot to mention:

          1.  On Halloween a 5km long asteroid passed earth by only 7 million kms, in cosmic terms a hairs breadth. Luckily it is known (called Toutatis). It will be back on 29/9/2004 missing us by only 1 million kms. It is of a size that would seriously screw up our summer.  Link at:

          2.  Any of a number of events, (volcanos, tectonic wobbles, comet/asteroid impact in the ocean) will set off serious tsunamis all over the world. This will cause serious flooding for many miles inland.

          So further to my last post, the underground idea seems ok, but built on high ground, probably higher than 1500 foot at least!!

          Regards

          Stephen S

              This is not a solution set. News about a NEO should be posted on TT-WATCH.

              Stephen ..... have you even read Zetatalk? Please reply on TT-SOCIAL.

          Clipper