[tt-forum] Re: [tt-social] IRC chat tommorow at 18:00 UT

  • Michel Davelaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 5:55 AM
      It's ashame that the chats are not attended to by such a lot of people, but
      it's the way i is. I hope this will change. I will not be attending tonight
      because I am going to the forest with my girlfriend and I do not know what
      time I will return. Normally the chat is visited by gerard, another Dutch
      person and Aron. Sometimes Ron joins in for some minutes too if he has the
      time, he is such a busy person doing such a great deal of work without any
      direct personal benefits. At some occasions Geson joins and Clipper, too.
      Usually it is 3 people in the chatroom though, but this will change if the
      membership will increase, by my guess, next year.

      Michel Davelaar

      p.s.: for thos eof you in the USA section where the heat wave is, I feel the
      heat wave will be hanging around for about 1-2 weeks at a max, then it will
      change to less warm and more wet weather. But that is me, I like to share my
      hunches with those I appreciate to read them.

      Gerard Zwaan wrote:

      > Tommorow IRC chat:
      >
      > Time and Date: The 1st of August at 18:00 Universal time
      > (http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/)
      > for a time zone map: http://www.go-global.com/Zones.html
      >
      > The server that will be used is: irc.g-line.net you can also choose
      > irc.kabelfoon.nl (those
      > servers are part of the Funnet network, several more servers are included
      > but not
      > mentioned over here)
      > To connect to a server use the following command: /server irc.g-line.net
      > likewise if you want to connect to the other server
      > The channel that will be used is: #Troubled_Times: /join #Troubled_Times
      >
      > More info about IRC:
      > http://www.zetatalk.com/teams/tteam032.htm
      >
      > PS: as this Network will be used the next time etc etc, it might be better
      > to change
      > the information on this page, as people might get confused and think
      > they should connect to IRCnet
      > http://www.zetatalk.com/thub10.htm

      > NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9% FIXED APR. Apply online today!
      > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/606
      >
      > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tt-social
    • Gerard Zwaan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 8:19 AM
        In case you don't know or where to download a program for IRC and on how to
        use it, then
        look on this page:
        http://www.zetatalk.com/teams/tteam032.htm