Re: Seminar: Investment climate in China
- CINA 2001: January Monthly Seminar <ac01102001.html>
Date: January 10, 2001
Time: 6:00PM registration and networking, 7:00PM Dinner and Seminar
Title: Investment climate in China
Speaker: York Chen, Managing Director, Acer Technology Ventures, China and
York will talk about current investment climate in China,
the regulation, and what's hot to VCs for the China market. He will also
introduce Acer Technology Ventures and its current status and future plan,
like opening new office in 2001 in Beijing and ShengJin, in addition to
Location: Hong Fu Cuisine
Address: 20588 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, 408-252-2200
Fee: $20 for Member, $25 for Non-Member (dinner included)
Tsinghua Alumni Association of Northern California (THAA-NC)
North America Chinese Semiconductor Association (NACSA)
Pre-Registration Required: email to Angela Chou
Further Information: www.cina.org
* Moved from Singapore to Shanghai in April, 2000 to head Acer Group
VC development in China/HK.
* York was the Managing Director of Acer Computer International Ltd.
(ACI), A Singapore listed company, since 1992. Responsible for ACI's sales,
marketing, channel and territory development initiating and managing more
than 10 diversified national subsidiaries and JV from Moscow to Auckland,
from Seoul to Bangalore.
* As a member of the Board, York also oversaw ACI HQ functions in Acer
branding, corporate marketing, EC projects, ....
* Country Director for USSR market in 1991. He was the first Chinese
to deliver a public speech in the Kremlin in May 1991 to some 2000 Russian
political & industrial leaders.
* Was instrumental in developing Acer's successful presence in the
Mexico Market in 1989/90.
* Before joining Acer in 1989, York was with the public sector for 10
* York holds a Bachelor of Science degree from National Taiwan
University in 1976 and a graduate diploma in International Business
Management from the International Trade Institute in Taiwan in 1989.