Job Opening: Mechanical Engineer Position at Applied Materials
- Please send your resume to me asap if interested. Fresh ME Master or PhD graduates are preferred.Applied Materials, Inc. (*Nasdaq: AMAT) is the global leader in nanomanufacturing technology solutions with a broad portfolio of innovative equipment, service and software products for the fabrication of semiconductor chips, flat panel displays, solar photovoltaic cells, flexible electronics and energy efficient glass. At Applied Materials, we apply nanomanufacturing technology to improve the way people live.Responsibilities
Job Specific Knowledge
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of difficult mechanical problems.
- Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering test reports.
- Supervise the development, design, or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope.
- Supervise or perform engineering analysis of difficult scope.
- Independently prioritize tasks.
- Specify and review engineering documentation.
- Provide mentoring for less experienced engineers.
- Implements concepts for variety of product issues and mechanical solutions.
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers. Generate mechanical product specifications.
- May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle.
- Establishes standards across all operational processes.
- Wide application of principles, theories and concepts in field plus working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering design, mechanics, and material science concepts and techniques, including proficiency in solving engineering problems using analytical techniques and engineering knowledge such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, measurement control, stress analysis, Finite Element Analysis, or system integration
- Basic knowledge of electrical and software engineering disciplines
- Working knowledge of CAD tools
- Basic knowledge of appropriate materials, components and technologies used in the semiconductor equipment industry.
- Requires strong skills in change management, problem solving, communication skills, customer orientation, product technology, global business perspective, personal effectiveness, project management, team skills and quality.
- Requires knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, UGNX, Oracle BOM, and/or Oracle ECO.
- Requires ability to influence other people; and ability to act as mentor.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline, and 5-7 years directly related experience, or equivalent.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline is preferred.
- Preferred previous work experience includes: mechanical engineering experience in a development or manufacturing environment.