VMware Beijing R&D: Sr. Staff Engineer, Staff Engineer and Manager Positions

  • Ying He
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      Hi All,

      VMware Beijing R&D was established 2 years ago and are rapidly expanding. We are working on many key and strategic products development. We are looking for senior engineers at staff level, as well as openings for manager positions.

      If you are interested in relocating back to Beijing to join this exciting team and work on leading/cutting edge virtualization/cloud technologies, please send your resume to whe@....

      Please see following JD for staff engieers. Please feel free to email whe@... if you have questions.

      Thanks.

      Wendy

      Virtualization is the technology that is poised to change the way we think about computing. VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2008 revenues of $1.9 billion, more than 150,000 customers and 22,000 partners, VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 7,000 passionate people we employ in 40 locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
      VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for industry-standard computers, is seeking a Core Networking Engineer to advance the ESX network software. The responsibilities are three-fold: (1) Design and implement networking solutions and the underline framework. (2) Fix product defects resulting from qualification; (3) Resolve customer related product defects related to ESX network software.
      The candidate must have a solid understanding of UNIX internals and computer networking knowledge. Relevant experience in Linux is preferred. Experience in resolving TCP/IP performance issues, multi-threaded driver issues and distinguishing among network, MAC/PHY and driver issues is preferred.
      The candidate must have experience resolving network defects. This includes reproducing network problems, applying relevant isolation techniques (e.g. tccp, tcpdump, snoop, ethereal), providing long-term fixes as well as short-term workarounds.
      The candidate must have good communication skills to forge a strong working relationship with engineering groups, QA groups and customer support.
      Responsibilities:
      - Enhance and update ESX kernel network stack
      - Advance Ethernet device drivers to support hardware enhancements
      - Fix product defects resulting from partner certification or internal qualification
      - Provide root cause analysis and software resolution to customer escalated defects
      Requirements:
      - Experience working on UNIX network device drivers
      - A good understanding of network architecture
      - Strong command of UNIX & network debugging tools & techniques
      - Knowledge of source maintenance practices
      - Strong team player
      - Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple outstanding tasks
      - Fluent written and oral English
      - Good communication, documentation, and organizational skills required
      - M.S or Ph.D in computer science or a related field

      Please send resumes to whe@...