Joining us on 2009 Mei Chu Sai Picnic Oct 11 and win prize!

  • Charlie Chao
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
    Dear alumni

    Come joining us on 2009 Mei Chu Picnic Oct 11th Sunday at Sunnyvale Lakewood Park!

    We have 11 Mei Chu games this year including: Softball, Senior basketball, basketball, female basketball, volleyball, badminton, golf, tennis, bridge, bowling and tug-of-war. With your full participation, the final 2 games softball and tug-of-war will be played on Oct 11th.

    The Little Mei Chu  親子小梅竹 has outplayed adult tournaments! And this year Mei Chu Mommy will have more games for your kids and family to have fun and win prizes. Lastly, the very limited Tsinghua Monopoly Game  清華大富翁 finally arrive in the bay area, which we offer for lottery! Many more prizes are waiting for you.

    Bring your family and have a great Mei Chu afternoon!
    See attached flyer for picnic detail and we look forward to seeing you all!

    Regards,

    2009 Bay Area Mei Chu Committee

    Click the following to see more game photos

    Invited to view Global Tsing Hua's photo album: 2009MeiChu Female Basketball
    2009MeiChu Female Basketball
    Sep 26, 2009
    by Global Tsing Hua
    This is the new Exhibition game for 2009 Bay Area Mei Chu Sai. With more than 60 friends, alumni and cheerleaders (most are male)'s participation, this Female basketball is one of the most exciting game! and they play so well, with final score 24-20!
  • Peter Zheng
    Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2009

      for the good fit, please send your resume to pzheng@...

      Title: Director of Product Management or Senior Product Manager

      Location: Shenzhen, China

      Product: Qzone, Social Network and Community Service

      Tencent operates China’s number one social network service, Qzone, with hundreds of millions of active users a month.  Our active users regularly update status, share photos and play social games with their friends and families.  Besides running the social network platform, we also build and operate high quality applications that enhance the community interactions.  We have a unique business model that is based on subscription membership for extra product features and privileges of using decorations and virtual gifts.  We strongly believe that the social network platform will continue to evolve into a service that weaves the fabric of our social life with tremendous opportunities to innovate.

      The Director of Product Management will be the driver for the product strategy and development of Qzone’s social network platform and applications on PCs as well as mobile devices.  The Director will drive the initiatives to create communities of common interests as well as to segment the user base into key user segments.  This is an important and strategic role within the company, and will be responsible for changing the future of how Chinese users interact with others online.

      The Director of Product Management is expected to:

      * Define the product strategy, roadmap and priorities

      * Manage and streamline the overall product management process

      * Lead the product team to operate a stable 24x7 service

      * Work with cross functional teams to develop new features

      * Drive to enhance the user experience of key existing features

      * Design product features that anticipate future user needs

      * Become an expert on other products in the marketplace

      * Be a go-to person and strategic leader within the company

      Desired experience and expertise:

      * Experience as a Product Manager for a web-based service, preferably a consumer product

      * Experience with agile development processes and weekly product release cycles

      * Passion for the Internet, preferably with understandings of the China Internet

      * Active Internet user that closely monitor trends and new services on the Internet

      * "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude

      * Ability to work with different people across a team effectively

      * Bachelor's degree (MBA or other Master's preferred)

      * Remarkable references

      Title: Director of Engineering or Senior Engineering Manager

      Location: Shenzhen, China

      Product: Qzone, Social Network and Community Service

      Tencent operates China’s number one social network service, Qzone, with hundreds of millions of active users a month.  Our active users regularly update status, share photos and play social games with their friends and families.  Besides running the social network platform, we also build and operate high quality applications that enhance the community interactions.  The technical challenges for managing frequent updates by tens of millions of users and hundred millions photos uploads a day are truly exciting.  We strongly believe that the social network platform will continue to evolve into a service that weaves the fabric of our social life with tremendous opportunities to innovate.

      The Director of Engineering will be leading a team of 15-20 engineers to design the system architecture and systems that support Qzone’s social network platform and its numerous applications.  The Director will be responsible for keeping the 24x7 systems running at all times, building reusable systems and streamlining development processes to enhance the productivity and agility of the product development.  This is an important and strategic role within the company, and will be responsible for changing the future of how Chinese users interact with others online.

      The Director of Engineering is expected to:

      * Define the engineering roadmap and priorities

      * Lead the team to implement product features agilely with high quality

      * Lead the team to work with operations to run a 24x7 service

      * Lead the team to optimize the performance for our service and lower the cost of operations

      * Manage and streamline the overall product development process

      * Work with cross functional teams to develop new features

      * Be a go-to person and strategic leader within the company

      Desired experience and expertise:

      * Experience as a Engineering Director or Manager for over 3 years

      * In-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience in systems and networks

      * Experience with agile development processes and weekly product release cycles

      * Passion for the Internet, preferably with understandings of the China Internet

      * "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude

      * Ability to work with different people across a team effectively

      * Bachelor's degree (Master's or PhD’s preferred)

      * Remarkable references