Mechanical Engineer needed asap!!

  • Jinyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2008
      We are well financed start-up company, looking for an enthusiastic,
      creative hard working Mechanical Engineer. Responsibilities include,
      but are not limited to:
      Design, develop, and test mechanical products and components, define
      production processes, work with suppliers/vendors, associated with
      scientific instruments and components, from machined parts, plastics,
      sheet-metal, precision devices, inject molding, to instrument housing.

      Responsibilities:

      • Design and implement mechanical components/systems in scientific
      instruments
      • Make material choices and cost decisions and ensure product reliability
      • Contact, evaluate, and select suppliers/vendors of components,
      making material choices and cost decisions and ensure product
      reliability and quality
      • Perform tests against design objectives when required
      • Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments,
      sub-contractors, suppliers, and customers
      • Ensure that products can be made reliably and that they will perform
      consistently in specified operating environments
      • Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques
      • Draft as needed
      Requirements:

      • BS in Mechanical Engineering with 1-4 years experience
      • Related experience in a high technology environment with scientific
      instrumentation a plus
      • Solidworks Experience
      • Minor pneumatic system setup
      • Process development skills
      • Comprehension of engineering documentation is required
      • Good mechanical skills and organizational skills, particularly in
      industrial design
      • Good communication skills, both written and verbal
      • Well organized, self-directed team player, able to function in a
      self-motivated manner
      • Proficient with Microsoft PC based software
      • Occasional travel is required
      Please email your resume to careers@... for
      considerations. We offer competitive pay and benefits, including but
      not limited to medical insurance, dental, vision, and stock options.