Do you have a passion for creating great software products? Are you
eager to make things work better and do something with impact? You
will be a member of a dynamic product development team committed to
making our products the best products in the industry.
About TeleNav and the Position
TeleNav is the industry leader in wireless GPS navigation and
location-based Services. We deployed our services with Nextel in
2003 and both Sprint PCS and Boost Mobile in 2005. Our customer base
has since shown exponential growth. In fact, we've helped
Sprint/Nextel to break numerous sales records and we're looking to
do the same for other carriers and other parts of the world.
Multiple openings for senior software engineer, working on LBS
handset application. Work will involve software design and
architecture, algorithm development, code optimization, and systems
integration. We need people who can take things and run with it, and
people who can communicate and work well with people.
- Lead in review product requirements published by Product
Marketing, and lead the development of engineering specifications.
- Work with cross function teams to define deliverables for a new
platform, or new version on existing platform.
- Define, set and deliver on development milestones.
- *Plenty* of coding, in Java/C/C++ to realize robust, high
performance, and code-size/memory/storage efficient infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience developing major software products with
- At least 5 years experience building multi-threaded applications
- Energetic, self motivated, team player
- Results oriented, product focused.
- Willing to learn, and to teach
- 70% developer, 30% artist + proud of your code legacy as others
- Experience developing and shipping applicationa for any of the
mobile platform: MIDP J2ME, RIM J2ME, BREW, Windows Mobile (WinCE),
Palm, or Symbian.
- Experience shipping applications for embedded systems.
- Experience with Client/Server networked applications.
- Usage of wireless telephony or messaging libraries, toolkits or
SDKs in the development of applications.
- Familiarity with Make, Ant, or Anthill
- Experience with GPS
Send your resume to hr7@...
. Include the job code "tncl-seth-
0306" in the subject line, and complete the questionnaire below.
Incomplete submissions will promptly be forwarded to /dev/null.
Please answer the following questions with as much detail as you
feel is necessary.
1) Most people have an idea of what good software developer is. What
distinguishes an exceptional developer from a good one?
2) Chicken or egg? Explain.
3) Describe a cool "programming trick" you've learned recently.
4) Point me to a work-related book or article (could be tech or
not). Give me a compelling reason to read it.