Fwd: msg on svinfoex board, a golden time of investment

  • Frank Yang
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2001
      --- In capital_app@y..., "Michael Li" <seldom_lose@y...> wrote:
      Hi, all:
      The following is part of a message on
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svinfoex/message/323
      it could be worth a lot if somebody followed (as for strategy 1,would
      have over 200% profit, strategy 2 over 50%, satrtegy 3, over 30%)
      You may check the price at that time of all the stocks listed to get
      some idea. But however, the golden time has passed!

      Date: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:38 pm
      Subject: market long-term prospective & tax planning

      Hi, all:

      Let me introduce myself a little bit. I graduated from Tsinghua
      University in 1992. I use to be a senior software engineer working in
      Alameda. I intentionally left the company in the lay off for the
      servance package. Luckily I got offers from UBS Paine Webber &
      American Express very soon (well prepared of course). As I'm more
      passionate for stocks/options and tax planning, I chose to work in
      Paine Webber as a stock broker/financial advisor.

      The followings are my concentrated areas:
      1. stocks, options, bonds, commodities
      2. tax planning
      3. life insurance, annuities
      4. real estate planning

      Unexpected things happened in NYC is not necessary a very bad thing
      from the point view of investment, the panic selling have created
      some kind of good opportunities, as buying long-term calls can be at
      a very cheap price. The followings are a few of my suggestions based
      on priorities:
      1. buy long-term calls (expire 2003, 2004) for
      SUNW,RATL,NT,CIEN,EMC,ORCL,JNPR,INTC etc.
      get quote from www.cboe.com
      2. sell naked puts (only very experienced option trader can do it)
      3. buy good quality stocks (from long-term prospective, not use
      margin)
      --- End forwarded message ---