Software Engineering Jobs Opened at TeleNav

  • billzwu
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2005
      HI,

      TeleNav is the leading provider in wireless GPS location services.
      Our revenue has been experiencing amazing growth this year. The
      trend will continue when more and more carriers such as Verizon,
      Cingular jump into the game. Please join us to experience the next
      wave of wirelss revolution when wiress carrier broaden their service
      from voice centric to data centric. Graduates from well known
      universities such as Tsinghua, Beida and others are welcome.

      We have two positions available. Please state in your email which
      one you would like
      to apply for.

      About TeleNav

      TeleNav is the industry leader in wireless GPS navigation and
      Location-based Services We deployed our services on Nextel in 2003
      and our customer base has since shown exponential growth.. In fact,
      we've helped Nextel to break numerous sales records we're looking to
      do the same for other carriers.

      GPS Location-based Services are on the verge of becoming standard
      offerings for mobile phone carriers and TeleNav is leading the pack
      in delivering those solutions.

      Here's where you come in. As the industry leader, we are looking to
      widen the gap. In order to do that, we need to add to our incredibly
      talented development team, so that we can provide more sophisticated
      services to more potential customers. We're not looking for run-of-
      the-mill people here. We're looking for autonomous, innovative, and
      committed engineers with the vision to help TeleNav forge new ground
      in GPS navigation and Location-based Services.

      Position 1: Senior Software Engineer (Project lead)

      This is a senior position working on our flagship business product
      TeleNavTrack. Work will involve leading and managing the software
      project development lifecycle, software design and architecture,
      algorithm development, and systems integration. You have strong
      ability to lead the product from its inception to completion.

      Job Responsibilities:
      - Work with product management to understand the product
      requirements.
      - Work with offshore team and lead the project development and
      production
      deployment.
      - Guide developers on coding style and best practices.
      - Participate in design, review, implementation, and integration
      testing
      - Address customer issues and quickly response to customer requests.
      - A lot of hands-on UI design, coding, and architecture verification.

      Job Requirements
      - More than 5 years of work experience.
      - Strong Java experience.
      - Experience in leading the product from inception to completion.
      - Thoroughly experienced with Object Oriented Programming and
      Abstract
      Data types
      - Firm grasp of software design patterns.
      - Energetic, self-motivated team player.
      - Willingness to work long hours within tight deadlines
      - Excellent written/verbal English skills.

      Pluses
      - Strong C++ background a big plus
      - Strong Perl experience VERY helpful
      - Understanding of web services and XML
      - Map, GIS, wireless related experience

      Position 2: Middle to Senior Software Engineer

      This is a position working on our flagship business product
      TeleNavTrack. Work will involve software design and architecture,
      algorithm development, and systems integration. We need people who
      can take things and run with it, and people who can communicate and
      work well with others.

      Job Responsibilities:
      - Work independently on time-sensitive projects
      - Participate in design, review, implementation, and integration
      testing
      - Participate in the production delivery and support operation.
      - Address customer issues and quickly response to customer requests.
      - A lot of hands on UI design, coding, and garbage collection work.

      Job Requirements
      - more than 2 years of work experience.
      - Strong Java experience.
      - Thoroughly experienced with Object Oriented Programming and
      Abstract
      Data types
      - Firm grasp of software design patterns.
      - Energetic, self-motivated, a team player.
      - Willingness to work long hours within tight deadlines
      - Excellent written/verbal English skills.

      Pluses
      - Strong C++ background a big plus
      - Strong Perl experience VERY helpful
      - Understanding of web services and XML
      - Map, GIS, wireless related experience

      *
      * IMPORTANT!!!
      *
      In order for your submission to be reviewed, send your resume, an
      optional cover letter, and the completed questionnaire below to
      hrtnt@.... Incomplete submissions will promptly be forwarded
      to /dev/null.

      Questionnaire -------------------------------------------------------
      --
      Please answer the following questions with as much detail as you
      feel

      1) Most people have an idea of what good software developer is. What
      distinguishes an
      exceptional developer from a good one?

      2) Chicken or egg? Explain.

      3) Describe a cool "programming trick" you've learned recently.

      4) Point me to a work-related book or article (could be tech or
      not). Give
      me a compelling reason to read it.

      5) What is the toughest part in the software product delivery cycle?
      Please explain with
      Examples from your own experience.