IPTV Job Openings at UTStarcom's Fremont Site
- IPTV Job Openings at UTStarcom's Fremont Site
We are looking for several highly motivated, hard-working, qualified and gifted engineers to participate in all aspects of an
exciting and highly rewarding project to provide end-to-end IPTV solutions.
There are six openings for Server development and one opening for video codec integration. The positions are for our Fremont,
California office with some travel demands to Asia (China and Japan).
Server Development Description:
You will bring your experience with operating system kernels, file systems, I/O and storage subsystems, concurrent programming,
network programming and TCP/IP stack, and applications level programming to continue the development of the IPTV system. Work in
C/C++ with the GNU development suite.
You will focus on some of these areas:
IPTV platform architectures;
Cluster and Fault Tolerant system platforms;
High performance streaming engines;
Network/System communication security;
Content Digital Right Management;
EPG/WebServer application and DB management;
Media Asset Management;
Video Codec Integration Description:
You will bring your knowledge of: MPEG2/MPEG4/H.264 and other codec formats. Your work is with both online/offline content encoding
engine/servers and decoding process on real-time embedded systems (VxWorks or real time Linux). Experience with streaming format
such as MPEG2 ES/PS/TS and streaming protocol such as RTP/RTSP is a plus.
- Strong team player. Be able to work effectively in a large, multi-site, multi-culture development team.
- Keen sense of software architecture and engineering and be at ease with designing and writing layered portable code in a
multi-platform development and testing environment;
- Working implementation experiences with multi-threaded/concurrent programming, networking programming with TCP/UDP/IP and
multi-tier distributed model;
- Ease on any development platform between Unix/Linux and Windows
- 5+ years of industrial experience and track record in large-scale software development; exceptional candidates with 3+ years of
experiences can be considered
- BS in CS, CE, or EE is required. MS degree in those areas is strongly preferred;
- Able to do international travel, particularly to China and Japan;
- Bilingual in Mandarin and/or Japanese language is very useful;
Please send resume to Mr. Naxin Wang at naxin.wang@...
UTStarcom is a global leader in IP-based end-to-end networking
solutions and international service and support. The company
sells its wireline, wireless, optical and switching solutions
to operators in both fast growth and established telecommunications
markets around the world.
UTStarcom enables its customers to rapidly deploy revenue-generating
access services using their existing infrastructure,
while providing a migration path to cost-efficient end-to-end IP
networks. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Alameda, California,
the company has research and design operations in New Jersey, China,
and India. UTStarcom is a FORTUNE 1000 company.
For more information, please visit www.utstar.com