FW: [BayChinese] !!! Bay Chinese Golden Fall Reunion !!!

  • Lee, Ching
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      Dear Tsinghua Alumni,

      BayChinese (www.baychinese.org), an alliance of 38 local Chinese
      organizations, is organize a Golden Fall Reunion on Sunday 10/7/2001. Please
      come to enjoy the gathering and support our effort in 911 relief activities.
      The details are given in the following:

      THAA-NC

      ================= Final Announcement ==============

      Bay Chinese Golden Fall Reunion
      (Benefiting Bay Chinese 911 Relief Fund)

      Dear friends:

      You are cordially invited to come to our Golden Fall
      Reunion at a beautiful clubhouse in downtown Palo
      Alto. You will be treated with a formal full course
      buffet provided by professional caterer, Chinese
      cultural show and art performances by local famous
      professional artists, followed by a dance party in the
      first-class ballroom. Best of all, you'll enjoy these
      activities knowing that ALL the ticket income
      (subtracting the event cost) will be donated to the
      American Red Cross through Bay Chinese 911 Relief
      Fund, in the name of all of us: the Chinese community
      in the Bay Area.

      In the past weeks, our Chinese community has shown
      great sympathy and humanity to the 911 victims and the
      mainstream American society. We have been taking part
      in all kinds of relief activities. Thanks to all of
      you, the Bay Chinese 911 Relief Fund has raised more
      than $16,000 in a short period of 14 days!

      However, we need to move on with our lives, with a
      keener understanding of how precious life is and how
      invaluable every moment we spend with our family and
      friends is. BayChinese Golden Fall Reunion is just
      such a moment to enjoy, and to treasure, together with
      your family, friends, and fellow Chinese. And we
      indeed have many reasons to celebrate: the Mid-autumn
      Festival, the 52nd anniversary of the founding of the
      People's Republic of China, and the success of
      Beijing's 2008 Olympics bid. Come to join the
      BayChinese "Golden Fall Reunion" with our
      goodwill for the world peace, friendship, and
      prosperity.

      Date: Sunday, 10/07/2001

      Time: 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM

      Place: ELKS Lodge, 4249 EL Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA
      94306

      Dress Code: At Least Semi Formal

      Ticket: $25 including food

      Note: (1) All tickets will be sold on the door on
      first come first serve basis until sold out. The
      clubhouse can hold maximum of 600 people; (2) $10 out
      of $25 will be counted as charitable contribution and
      tax deductible. A receipt for $10 tax deduction will
      be provided on site. Receipts will be made available
      for any additional donations on site.

      Parking: Free parking in front of the Lodge

      Program: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM Ticketing/Admission

      5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Dining - A
      formal full course buffet provided by professional
      caterer
      (Appetite: Fruit Salad; Main Course:
      Chicken, Pork, Pasta, Rice; Desert: Cake etc; Drinks:
      Tea, Ice Water, Coffee)

      6:30 PM – 8:30 PM Performance from
      local famous professional performing artists
      (including singing stars, Peking Opera
      artists, music instrument artists, dancing stars,
      comedy stars, award winning Karaoke stars, etc)

      8:30 PM – 11:30 PM Dance Party

      To find more about the program, the driving
      directions, and the venue place, please click on:
      www.baychinese.org.

      Thanks for your attention and look forward to having
      you, your friends, and family members on coming
      Sunday!

      BayChinese.Org, a non-profit alliance of over 38 Bay
      Area professional Chinese organizations