A New Startup

  • edward_lee04
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Dear all

      We are starting up a new company. And we are about to open a China
      branch and we need expericed engineers to work in China.

      The founder team has 5 persons, and their backgrounds are as
      follows:

      1. current VP - TI Asia, previous CEO - China Motorola, and VP -
      China HP.
      2. Senior VP of the largest wireless operator in the world in terms
      for pofit.
      3. Senior System Arch from TI.
      4. Research Scientist from the R&D lab of largest wireless operator
      in the
      world in terms for pofit.
      5. Principle Engineer of a Silicon Valley startup, pervious senior
      engineer of
      Cisco.

      We are backed up by the 2nd largest Chinese ISP, and got contract
      from Netcom etc already. Also, a tier-1 VC has committed to lead
      next round. Out target is to IPO at oversea market and we now use
      China office to lower the cost. All the founders will go back to
      China and the market is really good. We believe it is a good chance
      but we all know the risks.

      We are primarily looking for people who are in China or willing to
      work in China as we can only pay local compesation at this time. If
      you are interested, please contact us at edwardlee@....

      Following are the job
      descriptions.

      Hardware Engineers
      ---------
      ------------------

      Senior Hardware Engineer (1)
      Experience:
      - 5+ year of industrial experience in hardware design
      - Preferabbly have worked for cellular handset or PDA
      manufacturers
      Skills:
      - Proficient w. hardware design flows from board-level archtecture
      design,
      chip/peripheral interfaces, PCB layout and manufacutring,
      to board
      debug and bring-up
      - Must be proficient in PCB design EDA softwares such as
      Protel and
      OrCad
      - Must be experienced in hardware debugging of high speed
      digital
      circuit boards
      - Proficient in instruments such as logic analyzer,
      osilloscope,
      spectrum analyzer.
      - Experience w. FPGA and PLD design a plus.
      - Xscale experiences strong plus.
      Education
      - BS or MS in EE

      Senior RF Engineer (1)
      Experience:
      - 5+ year of industrial experience in RF board design
      - Preferabbly have worked for cellular handset or WLAN
      device
      manufacturers
      Skills:
      - Proficient w. RF board design flow from conception to final
      productization
      - Must be experienced in RF performance characterization of given RF
      modules
      - Experience with identifying RF performance issues and
      providing
      solution
      - Proficient w. RF design tools such as Eagleware and HP
      - Proficient w. RF tools such as spectrum analyzer, network
      analyzer
      - Experience w. RF board design
      - Experience w. digital circuit design/debugging a plus
      Education
      - MS in EE (RF area)

      Handset Hardware Lead/director (1)
      Experience:
      - 5+ year of industrial experience in cellular handset design
      - archtect or project lead in this capacity

      Skills:
      - Deep knowledge of all issues involved from conception to
      productization
      of a handset product (circuit and mechanical design,
      testing,
      manufacuring)
      - Experience w. coordinating all aspects of handset design process
      (third-party
      relationship and management, interface w. software group,
      etc.)
      - Experience includes proven product on the market
      - Able to and willing to do hands-on design in board design,
      hardware
      debugging
      Education
      - BS,MS,PhD in EE

      Software Engineers
      ---------
      ---------------------

      Senior System Software Engineer (2)

      Experience:
      - 3+ year industrial experience in embedded OS kernel and device
      driver
      programming
      - 2+ year experience in linux kernel
      Skills:
      - Deep knowledge of linux kernel internals (both architecture and
      source code level)
      - Working knowledge of linux device driver programming
      - Familiar w. embedded development using cross-compiler tools
      - Expeirence w. building custom Board Support Package (BSP)
      - Familiar with low-level programming on RISC based architectures
      including ARM
      - Proficient in embedded system development and board bring-up
      using
      debugging tools (JTAG and software tools)
      - Proficient in C and Assembly
      - Experience in Linux WLAN device driver is a plus
      Education:
      - BS, MS in CS or EE

      Senior Network Software Engineer (1)

      Experience:
      - 3+ year industrial experience in software development for
      communication and networking equipment
      Skills:
      - Deep knowledge in Unix network programming and Client/Server
      programming
      - Familiar with VOIP protocols including TCP/IP, SIP, H.323,
      RTP,..., etc.
      - Familiar with Linux Kernel API for networking
      - Familiar with IP routing, Ethernet and 802.11 network protocols is
      a plus
      - Familiar with WLAN AP and terminal interior is a plus
      Education:
      - BS, MS in CS or EE

      Senior GUI Software Engineer (1)

      Experience:
      - 3+ year industrial experience in GUI development for mobile
      phones,
      PDAs or other handheld devices
      - 1+ year experience in linux application development
      Skills:
      - Proficient in embedded GUI development for handheld devices.
      - Proficient in C, C++, Java and object oriented programming
      - Familiar with Linux programming environment
      - Familiar with QT Embedded/Qtopia or OPIE development
      - Experience in HTML, WAP, J2ME programming is a plus
      Education:
      - BS, MS in CS

      Embedded Software Engineer (2)
      Experience:
      - 2+ years industrial experience in embedded software development
      - 1+ year experience in linux application development
      Skills:
      - Proficient in embedded software development using cross-compiling
      tools
      - Familiar w. application software development in Linux environment
      - Proficient in C, C++, object oriented software design
      and
      programming
      - Experience w. linux network programming
      - GUI programming experience is a plus (esp. using QT/Qtopia tools)
      Education:
      - BS, MS in CS

      DSP Engineers
      ---------
      ---------------------

      Speech DSP Engineer (1)

      Experience:
      - 2+ year experience in speech processing for telecommunications
      products
      Skills:
      - Deep knowledge of speech compression standards and algorithms:
      G.729(A/B),
      G.723.
      - Deep knowledge of speech processing algorithms: echo cancellation,
      speaker
      phone processing,
      error concealment, noise suppression and comfort noise generation
      - Working knowledge of putting the above algorithms into products
      - Expereince w. embedded DSP software development using DSP IDE
      tools
      - Proficient in C, C++
      - Proficient in Matlab modeling and simulation
      Education:
      MS+ in Digital Signal Processing (speech). Ph.D. preferred.

      Lee