RE: [tsff] Push rod exit seals??

  • Ross Gammage
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
      Hi Kip. As we fly scale aircraft (cubs. aeroncas, etc) and Seamasters, we find that if you use nyrods, the inner and outer rods fit closely enough together that water doesn't seem to enter the fuselage. Some fliers place a short piece of fuel tubing over the outer rod and extending a half inch over the inner rod , seals the space well. If you do find a site, we are always ready to accept invitations. Ross

      To: tsff@yahoogroups.comFrom: crsta@...: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:52:29 +0000Subject: [tsff] Push rod exit seals??

      I was wondering how you seal where the push rods exit so the waterdoes not enter? We have a group here in Belleville that is veryinterested in water flying. We are presently looking for a new site. Kip

    • Bill Davies
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2009
        --- In tsff@yahoogroups.com, Ross Gammage <rossgammage@...> wrote:

        > Hi Kip. As we fly scale aircraft (cubs. aeroncas, etc) and
        Seamasters, we find that if you use nyrods, the inner and outer rods
        fit closely enough together that water doesn't seem to enter the
        fuselage. Some fliers place a short piece of fuel tubing over the
        outer rod and extending a half inch over the inner rod , seals the
        space well. If you do find a site, we are always ready to accept
        invitations. Ross

        > To: tsff@...: crsta@...: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:52:29 +0000Subject:
        [tsff] Push rod exit seals??

        > I was wondering how you seal where the push rods exit so the
        waterdoes not enter? We have a group here in Belleville that is
        veryinterested in water flying. We are presently looking for a new
        site. Kip

        > 1/All exits of control rods are as high as possible above the water
        line
        2/They exit the rear.
        3/ a little vasoline on the nyrod at entry will reduce it to an
        acceptable amount (NONE)