Aaraamthinai, Netscape and TSCII

  • Muthu Nedumaran
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000
      VR,

      Just finished a good long Yahoo! chat with Kalyan ;-)

      The problem with some, esp. grantha, characters in Aaraamthinai/Netscape is now clear. If you check out the source, these characters are represented with their "&..." quivalents - which is what's causing the problem.

      Here's Kalyan's summary of the discussion :

      "I am talking here only about granthas. As I said, if the html page is properly done with native 8 bit characters, Netscape renders them properly on both Mac and Win. On windows, possibly in earlier Netscape versions, they interpreted 7-bit equiv string (&xxxx but not now. As per HTML specs, any character that is defined by ambersand sequence (&xxxxx is automatically interpreted as Latin-1 EVEN IF THE META header invokes a different character set."

      Could you check on the editor your folks are using? Perhaps setting the encoding to user-defined there may help.

      ~ MUTHU