Re: [tscii] unicode combn. for "ksha" (as in akshaya)?

  • Sivaraj D
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
      Saravanan,

      KSHA = linguistically it is 'k' + 'sh' + 'a'
      In Unicode 'KA' + pulli + 'SHA'
      or U+0B95 U+0BCD U+0BB7

      SRI = linguistically 'sh' + 'r' + 'ii'
      In Unicode 'SHA' + pulli + 'RA' + 'II'
      or U+0BB7 U+0BCD U+0BB0 U+0BC0

      There is no Anuswara in Tamil language as for as I know.
      So U+0B82 is an extraneous character.

      There is no equalent of Tamil Numeral zero. This needs to be
      added to Unicode Tamil segment.

      Please see the following pages for some details discussion.
      http://www.tamil.net/people/sivaraj/write-tamil.html
      http://www.tamil.net/people/sivaraj/tamil_unicode.html

      Regards,
      Sivaraj.

    • Sinnathurai Srivas
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
        Dear Sivaraj,

        I've been working with info from you sometimes back
        similar to what you write below. In AvaUni Keyboard
        driver I followd this pattern. There is a Microsft
        keyboard driver (included with Win2000) I noticed that
        it was generating STii like in Steve.
        I some times wonder if in Devanagari there is no such
        thing as SRii but only STii. Would this cause any
        confusion within developer community?

        Sinnathurai Srivas

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com