Re: Fwd: [tscii] Reg. Tamil Font

  • mahalingami
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
      --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com, udhaya kumar <uuk007@...> wrote:

      > Hello Anbu,

      I am stuck.

      Iwent to madurai project for e books and wanted to download certain
      books. I had already downloaded certain fonts and installed.

      Now i get greek and latin instead of tamil script. PDF downloads
      beautifully, only html format is giving trouble.

      Pl help

      Thanks

      mahalingam

      > Thanks for your help..
      >
      > Now i can able to see the tamil fonts..
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Udhaya
      >
      > --- Anbumani Subramanian <tvmanbu@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Mr. Shrinivas and Mr. Udhaya,
      > >
      > > Please see if these instructions on Kalki's website
      > >

      > http://www.kalkiweekly.com/downloads/downloadfonts.asp
      > > helps you to install and see Tamil on TSCII
      > > webpages. Also, included below is
      > > an email by Thiru. Palaniappan on the Project
      > > Madurai list, to help install
      > > TSCII fonts on a computer.
      > >
      > > I hope one of these will help you install the font
      > > and see Tamil on TSCII pages.
      > >

      > > Best regards,
      > >
      > > Anbu
      > >
      > > ------------------
      > >
      > > From pala@ Sat May 13 18:36:50 2006
      > > Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 09:36:33 +0800
      > > To: pmadurai@yahoogroups.com,"pmadurai"
      > > <pmadurai@yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Re: [pmadurai] suitable TSCII fonts for viewing
      > > HTMLpages
      > >

      > > Vanakkam
      > >
      > > I have tried to give a simple instruction on how to
      > > download the
      > > software and setup your browser-Inter Explorer.
      > > I do sincerely hope that it will help the new
      > > members.

    • Mathikumar Thayumanavan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
        Dear frends....

        I also faced the same problems to download the ebooks which are in HTML
        format....

        Please help me how to download the above with the tamil font.......

        Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

        Mathi

        On 7/12/06, mahalingami <mahalingami@...> wrote:

        > --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com <tscii%40yahoogroups.com>, udhaya kumar
        > <uuk007@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello Anbu,
        > >
        > I am stuck.
        >
        > Iwent to madurai project for e books and wanted to download certain
        > books. I had already downloaded certain fonts and installed.
        >
        > Now i get greek and latin instead of tamil script. PDF downloads
        > beautifully, only html format is giving trouble.
        >
        > Pl help
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > mahalingam
      • B.Harikrishnan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 19, 2006
          Hello Friends,

          I also want to download ebooks from madurai project..

          From where & How should I download fonts for PDF and HTML format?

          Also I want to search internet in Tamil. Which font and search
          engine I should use?

          Regards,
          B.Harikrishnan

          --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com, "mahalingami" <mahalingami@...> wrote:

          > --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com, udhaya kumar <uuk007@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Anbu,
          > >
          > I am stuck.
          >
          > Iwent to madurai project for e books and wanted to download certain
          > books. I had already downloaded certain fonts and installed.
          >
          > Now i get greek and latin instead of tamil script. PDF downloads
          > beautifully, only html format is giving trouble.
          >
          > Pl help
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > mahalingam

        • Regunathan Umapathy
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 23, 2006
            Hi Harikrishanan,
            Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_madurai
            Also through Tamil wikipedia

            I suggest to google as a search engine visit http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=ta&ie=UTF-8

            "B.Harikrishnan" <bharikrishnan@...> wrote: Hello Friends,

            I also want to download ebooks from madurai project..

            From where & How should I download fonts for PDF and HTML format?

            Also I want to search internet in Tamil. Which font and search
            engine I should use?

            Regards,
            B.Harikrishnan

            --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com, "mahalingami" <mahalingami@...> wrote:

            > --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com, udhaya kumar <uuk007@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Anbu,
            > >
            > I am stuck.
            >
            > Iwent to madurai project for e books and wanted to download certain
            > books. I had already downloaded certain fonts and installed.
            >
            > Now i get greek and latin instead of tamil script. PDF downloads
            > beautifully, only html format is giving trouble.
            >
            > Pl help
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > mahalingam

            Regards
            Regunathan Umapathy
            XB/3/3/1, Housing Scheme, Edmonton Road, Colombo 05, Sri Lanka
            Mobile: +94-713055692,
            Fixed Lines: Colombo: +94-11-2513832, Vavuniya/Trinco (CDMA): 024-4920263, Jaffna: 021-. 2229724
            Messenger (Yahoo/Skype/MSN): umapathyxp
            Yahoo 360: http://360.yahoo.com/umapathyxp
            Visit : http://geocities.com/umapathyxp

          • K Kalyanasundaram
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
              Dear Harikrishnan:

              Project Madurai etxts are in bilingual TSCII and in Tamil
              Unicode formats. Guideline to view the webpage is given at
              the beginning of each html page. here they are for your ref.

              to view TSCII based etxts:

              a) make sure that your computer has a TSCII (version 1.7)
              compliant font installed in your computer. These fonts have
              the generic name TSCxxxx where xxxx stands for the fontface
              name TSCinaimathi, TSCmaduram etc. You can download these
              from my Tamilelibrary website download page
              http://www.tamilelibrary.org/index.php?ind=downloads

              b) open the font preferences section of your webbrowser
              (use Mozilla Firefox in preference to Internet explorer)
              and select any TSCII font as the default font for use with
              the "user-defined" encoding case. save the settings before
              leaving the preferences setting window.

              c) select "user-defined" case for display of the webpage
              (charset options are usually under view menu) before downloading
              the TSCII webpage. Reload the webpage if necessary. That is all.

              to view Unicode based etexts:
              same as for TSCII but use relevant Tamil Unicode font
              (Latha comes part of Windows 2000/XP)

              We have the following cumulative listings of etexts that
              can be used to locate the etext of any Tamil work:

              alphabetic listing in TSCII
              http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/akaram1.html
              chronological listing in TSCII
              http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/chrono2.html
              subject/topicwise listing in TSCII
              http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/subjcat.html
              chronological listing in Tamil unicode
              http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/chrono_uni.html

              In addition we have TSCII and Unicode based online search
              engines as well:
              search in TSCII
              http://www16.brinkster.com/kkalyana/pm/searchpm1.html
              http://kumar.bse.vt.edu/pm/tscsearch.asp

              You can also use Google search by typing the name of the
              work directly in Tamil Unicode to find the unicode version.

              anbudan
              Kalyan

              --- "B.Harikrishnan" <bharikrishnan@...> wrote:

              > Hello Friends,
              >
              > I also want to download ebooks from madurai project..
              > From where & How should I download fonts for PDF and HTML format?
              > Also I want to search internet in Tamil. Which font and search
              > engine I should use?
              >
              > Regards,
              > B.Harikrishnan
              >

              > --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com, "mahalingami" <mahalingami@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In tscii@yahoogroups.com, udhaya kumar <uuk007@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hello Anbu,
              > > >
              > > I am stuck.
              > >
              > > Iwent to madurai project for e books and wanted to download certain
              > > books. I had already downloaded certain fonts and installed.
              > >
              > > Now i get greek and latin instead of tamil script. PDF downloads
              > > beautifully, only html format is giving trouble.
              > >
              > > Pl help
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > mahalingam

            • maran manian

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 16, 2006
                  Dear Manian,
                  Have a look at http://www.geocities.com/umapathyxp/bamini.html
                  for more details about Bamini. I suggest to move UNICODE than depending on preparatory encodings.

                  Regards
                  Uma

                  maran manian <thirumaran4@...> wrote: I want to know the Bamini equal other tamil fonts SM -10 and Boopalam and any other fonts