Re: [tscii] How can I store tamil characters in Sql server

  • Rajesh rajan
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2004
      Dear Mr.Elango,

      I Rajesh a new member of this group. I want the
      conversion program for english key to Kamban font in
      ASP script and java script for my web site

      Do you have conversion set for bamini to TAB?

      Thanking your in Advance

      Take care

      Rajesh

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • S.Latha Kamatchi
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
        Hello Elango,
        Thanks for the guidence.
        As I was on leave for the past week, I am unable to reply. Now only I see the
        mail.
        Elango, there is no hard rule to use 'Kamban' font. We can use any tamil font.
        I think its not wise to reinvent the wheel.Could you please send me the code?
        I would be gtateful.
        Thank you
        Latha

        <slathakamatchi@...> wrote:
        > Hello Elango,
        >
        > I design a web application that can get and display
        data in two language.
        > One is english and the other is 'Kamban' an tamil
        language.

        > I place a normal text box in the ASP page and set
        its font to 'Kamban'.
        > When typing 'hello' its displayed as something in
        'Kamban'.But when I display the content in a alert
        box, Its displayed as 'hello' in english and not as
        the characters I display in the box.
        > And so, when saving the content to a SQL Server
        table, it is stored 'hello' in english.
        > I want to store the content as it appears in the
        text box, to the database.
        > I tested the table whether it stores unicode
        characters(SQL Server 7.0).Yes its doing well.
        > So I need to take care of the front end.
        > Please suggest me the means to get the content
        exactly as the same when I typed inside the box.
        > Is there anything like Form 2.0 controls in VB?
        > Thankx in advance
        > Latha
        >
        > how can i make html text box accept/display content
        in my regional language?

        > -------------------
        > I posted this query to some forums and they
        suggested me to set the charset for the font 'kamban'
        as follows
        charset=gb2312">

        > Actually,above is an example and the charset is set
        for chinese language.
        > How can I get/set the charset for 'Kamban'?

        removed]

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • S.Latha Kamatchi
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 4, 2004
          Hi Elango,

          I am in very need of the code.
          Could you please send it ?

          Thanx in advance
          Latha

          Rajesh rajan <rajeshrajan711@...> wrote:
> [...]

          > characters(SQL Server 7.0).Yes its doing well.
          > > So I need to take care of the front end.
          > > Please suggest me the means to get the content
          > exactly as the same when I typed inside the box.
          > > Is there anything like Form 2.0 controls in VB?
          > > Thankx in advance
          > > Latha
          > >
          > > how can i make html text box accept/display
          > content
          > in my regional language?
          > >
          > > -------------------
          > > I posted this query to some forums and they
          > suggested me to set the charset for the font
          > 'kamban'
          > as follows
          > content="text/html;
          > charset=gb2312">
          > >
          > > Actually,above is an example and the charset is
          > set
          > for chinese language.
          > > How can I get/set the charset for 'Kamban'?

        • Elango CT
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 4, 2004
            Hi Latha and Rajesh:

            I guess since Latha said she doesn't mind any other font, I would suggest using Bamini, but it is not TSCII though. I can send you the conversion code for Bamini to TAB in ASP.NET and a sample for Javascript and you guys can take it from there.

            Do you guys want that? Let me know.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2004
              Yes Elango...I certainly want the code..Please send it.

              Thanx again
              Latha

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 6, 2004
                Dear Elango,

                Could u plz send me the code asap

                Latha

              • Rajesh rajan
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 7, 2004
                  Hi Mr. Elango,

                  YES. Send us code asap. Send me "how to create
                  conversion program for another fonts? also.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com