Re: Welcome to the tscii group

  • K. Kalyanasundaram
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2000
      Dear Mani:
      Thanks for subscribing me to this TSCII mailing list. It is
      high time we open up one such dedicated list and discuss the
      future of TSCII.

      >Here's a description of the group:
      >
      >Tamil Standard Code for Information Interchange (TSCII) discussion list

      Just one small note on the header. Many have their adrelin pressures
      go up when they see the words "Standard" in TSCII. I think earlier
      with Muthu, we agreed for a more softer yet precise expansion of
      the acronym TSCII as
      TAMIL SCRIPT CODE FOR INFORMATION INTERCHANGE

      Can we use this from now on, till we have an Internet Draft and
      RFC launched?

      Kalyan
    • Kumar Mallikarjunan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2000
        TSCII group members:

        I think we should try to resume the discussion on the 'i' issue head on.

        It seems like the location for 'i' will not come free in the future for our
        use.
        It would be wise to drop that. Then what is the course of action. Mani
        mentioned
        about looking into TANSCII proposal. TANSCII was more or less close to TSCII.
        Can Kalyan and Mani provide the similarities and differences between those.

        Regards,

        Kumar.

        Kumar Mallikarjunan, Ph.D.
        Assistant Professor
        Biological Systems Engineering Department
        312 Seitz Hall, Virginia Tech
        Blacksburg, VA 24060
        Ph: 540-231-7937 Fax: 540-231-3199
        email: kumar@...