Rewriting the BAT3 soft: API available?

  • wimpunk
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2007
      I'm working on a changed version of the bat3 software. Is there any
      API available about the interface with the device driver?

      Greetings,

      wimpunk.
    • Michael Schmidt
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 27, 2007
        > I'm working on a changed version of the bat3 software. Is there any
        > API available about the interface with the device driver?
        >
        > Greetings,
        >
        > wimpunk.

        The BAT3 is control via serial communication with /dev/ttyT3S. You can find
        more information about this at ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/bat3/UserManual.txt
        in the section "Interface to Charging Control Circuitry," and subsequent
        sections may also be helpful.

        Regards,

        Michael
      • PeterElliot
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 27, 2007
          --- In ts-7000@yahoogroups.com, "wimpunk" <wimpunk@...> wrote:

          > I'm working on a changed version of the bat3 software. Is there any
          > API available about the interface with the device driver?
          >
          > Greetings,
          >
          > wimpunk.

          Hi wimpunk,

          I have 12 TS-7300's with the TS-BAT3 installed sitting waiting to be
          programmed.

          What are you thinking of implementing in your BAT3 version?

          What I'm looking for is a easy way for a user space program to see
          the status of the BAT3 and to be able to terminate in a controlled
          manor if power is removed for a given time. Once main inpit power is
          reapplied the system should restart.

          I think what I need is implemented in the current system, I just
          haven't had time to do any work on this part of the system.

          As regards the API, I'd contact Michael Schmidt at Technologic
          Systems as he was responsible the the BAT3 code.

          Regards,

          PJE
        • wimpunk
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 27, 2007
            --- In ts-7000@yahoogroups.com, "PeterElliot" <egroups@...> wrote:

            > --- In ts-7000@yahoogroups.com, "wimpunk" <wimpunk@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm working on a changed version of the bat3 software. Is there any
            > > API available about the interface with the device driver?
            > >
            > > Greetings,
            > >
            > > wimpunk.
            > >

            > Hi wimpunk,
            >
            > I have 12 TS-7300's with the TS-BAT3 installed sitting waiting to be
            > programmed.
            >
            > What are you thinking of implementing in your BAT3 version?
            >
            > What I'm looking for is a easy way for a user space program to see
            > the status of the BAT3 and to be able to terminate in a controlled
            > manor if power is removed for a given time. Once main inpit power is
            > reapplied the system should restart.
            >
            > I think what I need is implemented in the current system, I just
            > haven't had time to do any work on this part of the system.
            >
            > As regards the API, I'd contact Michael Schmidt at Technologic
            > Systems as he was responsible the the BAT3 code.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > PJE

            PJE,

            I think you have the same problem as we do. I'll leave a message to
            this forum when I have something useful.

            wimpunk.
          • wimpunk
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2007
              --- In ts-7000@yahoogroups.com, "wimpunk" <wimpunk@...> wrote:

              > PJE,
              >
              > I think you have the same problem as we do. I'll leave a message to
              > this forum when I have something useful.
              >
              > wimpunk.

              I've opened a google project. My current code can be found on
              http://code.google.com/p/bat3. it still needs some tuning but the
              current subversion version loads the battery. :-) More info can be
              found on the project page allthough it isn't complete (yet).

              wimpunk.
            • PeterElliot
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2007
                --- In ts-7000@yahoogroups.com, "wimpunk" <wimpunk@...> wrote:

                > I've opened a google project. My current code can be found on
                > http://code.google.com/p/bat3. it still needs some tuning but the
                > current subversion version loads the battery. :-) More info can be
                > found on the project page allthough it isn't complete (yet).
                >
                > wimpunk.

                Hi wimpunk,

                I'm watching the development with interest...

                Wouldn't it have been easier to simply upload a zip (tar.gz) file to
                the files section of the group.

                Regards,

                PJE
              • wimpunk
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 4, 2007
                  --- In ts-7000@yahoogroups.com, "PeterElliot" <egroups@...> wrote:
                  > Hi wimpunk,
                  >
                  > I'm watching the development with interest...
                  >
                  > Wouldn't it have been easier to simply upload a zip (tar.gz) file to
                  > the files section of the group.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > PJE

                  PJE,

                  When I'm completely happy with the soft, I'll upload it. It's just
                  missing a few features now.

                  wim.