RE: [ts-7000] Re: How to change from 7260 to 7800, keep PC/104 cofiguration

  • Robert Joslyn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012

      I took a look at the 7260 manual, and sure enough, it uses a non-standard PC/104 bus pinout.  I guess it helps to read the manual before I respond J  The manual does describe the changes to the connector.  They’ve only implemented a subset of the PC/104 standard bus so that they could have a 16-bit bus on the 8-bit connector.  By removing the pins for DMA, some IRQ lines, etc, they have room for those data pins and added them in a non-standard location.  Using your example, the 7260 has removed IRQ9 and placed Data 8 there.  Data 8 is normally pin C11.

      I guess it would depend on your particular application as to whether you’ll need to move pins around.  If you use those data pins and the non-standard 16-bit implementation, you’ll have to move pins to the proper location for the 7800.  If you don’t use that non-standard 16-bit implementation and only use the standard 8-bit bus, you should be fine switching to a 7800.

      Robert