More than 6 COM-ports

  • Wim Vinckier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10 1:11 AM
      Hi List,

      Is there any way to force a TS-7260 with kernel 2.4 to detect more
      than 6 comports? Currently the kernel only detects my first 6 ports
      while I need more. The serial ports are detected correctly by the
      ts-bootrom.

      Kind regards,

      wimpunk.
      --
      I would love to change the world, but they wont give me the source code.
    • Wim Vinckier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11 3:20 AM
        On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Wim Vinckier <wimpunk@...> wrote:
        > Hi List,
        >
        > Is there any way to force a TS-7260 with kernel 2.4 to detect more
        > than 6 comports? Currently the kernel only detects my first 6 ports
        > while I need more. The serial ports are detected correctly by the
        > ts-bootrom.
        >
        > Kind regards,
        >
        > wimpunk.

        For some reason I missed an earlier post about this issue. There's
        something that looks like a fix on
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ts-7000/message/2416 but it doesn't
        work correctly. You have to define S7XXX_TTYS[6-9] in regmap.h. I've
        wrote some stuff about it on
        http://users.pandora.be/tisnix/ts-7260/#serial and will try another
        post here if it really works.
        Currently it looks like I'm running into interrupt problem. Does the
        TS-7260 only support ISA_IRQ5, 6 and 7? We want 2xTS-MODEM2,
        1xTS-BAT3, 1xTS-SER4 so it looks like we need 4 interrupts. I've
        tried to use shared interrupts but currently I didn't get that part
        working.

        Any suggestions on how to configure the four boards to get it working correctly?

        Kind regards,

        wimpunk.
        --
        I would love to change the world, but they wont give me the source code.
      • wimpunk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11 1:53 AM
          For a while, I have a new provider. All my ts7260 related stuff can be found on http://ts7260.tisnix.be The stuff about the serial port can be found on http://ts7260.tisnix.be/#serial

          kind regards,