ICOM IC/PC-R1500 Help

  • mike1bravouk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2008
      Is anyone successfully running Trunkview with the Icom IC-R1500 ?

      Followed the set-up procedure and checked PCR model in the settings
      options, Trunkview reads from the radio and displays the channel info,
      but won't tune the receiver to any GTC voice channels.

      Any help would be appreciated

      Regards
      Mike
    • Aubs
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2008
        Without sounding stupid, as I don't know the radio you are using and
        have only briefly used TV, but... Do you have two cables running from
        the radio to your computer? One for audio and the other a data cable
        so TV can tell the radio to tune to a different freq...

        Aubs

        2008/6/22 mike1bravouk <mike1bravo@...>:

        > Is anyone successfully running Trunkview with the Icom IC-R1500 ?
        >
        > Followed the set-up procedure and checked PCR model in the settings
        > options, Trunkview reads from the radio and displays the channel info,
        > but won't tune the receiver to any GTC voice channels.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated
        >
        > Regards
        > Mike
      • mike1bravouk
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
          Hi,

          For info, this issue is now resolved thanks to the excellent help and
          assistance from Gerrit (Author of the TV software), best explained if
          you read the new help notes on the Trunkview Website

          (http://www.linato.net/trunkview/?radios)

          basically what we found is, Trunkview will control the PC-R1500 but you
          won't be able to use the receiver in VFO or PC mode whilst connected.
          Therefore you will need to pre-load known site details before use.

          These instructions may also apply to the PC-R2500 which I understand
          someone else is also trying to use with TV

          Regards
          Mike