Moved into our house, land-taking, ve-construction and first blot

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
      We are moved in and back online!

      I did a brief land-taking yesterday = Sunna's Day with my partner and two
      Heathen friends. I had planned on doing this a bit later, but some things
      that I hesitate to call coincidences happened...

      I drove nails in at the 4 corners of the property, and invoked Thorr as
      Hallower. At the same time, we carried fire around the property.

      Just before that, while awaiting the arrival of our guests, I had dug up a
      few concrete slabs that had been used to block a small spring on the
      property. Then my friends arrived and we got the rest out quickly quickly.
      The stones were far easier to remove than I had thought they would be, so
      one thing lead to another, and the spring restoration project began. Some
      of the slabs we used to surround the spring like a well. It is a seasonal
      spring but we should have some water.

      The 12 large, intact flat slabs (about 9 in. by two feet roughly) we used to
      construct a harrow (1 for each of the twelve judges of Asgard?) One of the
      folks suggested that the one that had a corner knocked off was Loki's stone!
      All of this was right beside a tree! I put in a nice concrete Elf statue
      (sitting on a mushroom, but NOT a garden gnome) between the Well and the
      Tree.

      With this work unexpectedly completed, we decided to go on with the ritual
      work that needed doing...

      Now, on to the land-taking: I drove nails in at the 4 corners of the
      property, and invoked Thorr as Hallower. At the same time, we carried fire
      around the property.

      During a blot to the Gods, Ancestors and local Wights, I splashed the house
      with consecrated mead and named it and the property as a whole "Ingstad."
      We finished the blot just as a very rare January thunderstorm moved in.

      There will be a blot and feast at our home for local Heathens in the
      not-too-distanct future.

      We hope to enjoy our home for decades to come and pass it on to kin in due
      time!

      Thanks for the many good wishes I've received both on and off-list,

      Jordsvin
    • Stephanie Lowty
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        Congrats again, glad to hear you blot went well. Best wishes to you your partner and the new home :)
        Hail Thor for the awesome storm, it was fun here too!
        Frith
        ~Steph

        Jordsvin <Jordsvin@...> wrote:
[...]

        Heathen chemistry Miscreant Paganism