Viking Heritage Magazine

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Maybe a repeat, but better safe than sorry.
      too much email...
      Jordsvin

      Viking Heritage Magazine has an article in it this month
      about Viking Age Sorcery. Which seems to be based on
      the author's thesis The Viking Way. Religion and war
      in late Iron-age Scandinavia. The author is Neil
      Price. Viking Heritage is put out by Gotland
      University and can be found at
      subscription.viking@... or http://viking.hgo.se
    • rune@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2005
        I don't know if anyone has seen this or not but I wanted to get the word out if anyone was interested in a subscription to his wonderful magazine so it can continue in existance.

        Thora

        For those who were tempted but resisted, and those who didn't know it
        existed, the Viking Heritage Magazine is facing discontinuance - there are
        not enough subscribers for the University to support continuing. However,
        the chances that they'd change their minds are good if we can show that
        there is support for it. I'm including a small set of messages being
        exchanged on the Norsefolk2 List so you can read what's being said and
        access the subscription page if you have a need for a new reading material.
        The magazines are *really* good. Come to think of it, I wonder if local
        libraries would be interested...

        Hrothny

        Heilsa,
        I just went to the http://viking.hgo.se/ site and clicked on Subscribe.
        It says No Documents found. I found that the way to subscribe was to go to
        the contacts Button and click , there is a link on that site.

        thanks

        frojel Gotlandica <frojel@...> wrote:
        Hi Doug

        There is an electronic format already, not all that well supported but it is
        there.
        Prof Carlsson is determined that the magazine will go on one way or the
        other.
        He knows what it means to so many people around the world and says if he
        cannot get the board to support it then he has other options in mind and it
        WILL continue. I spoke to him this morning and he told me that with the
        surge of subscriptions that has just come in he is determined that we shall
        have the magazine, he still needs more subscriptions but what has come in so
        far will cover almost half the shortfall.
        Enough to convince him that it can be saved and that it needs to be saved.
        So if we can keep spreading the word then we will save it. The idea of
        subscriptions for Xmass presents is a good one so I have ordered a few for
        friends who don't have it yet. LOL.
        Going to surprise them.

        Cheers
        Sandy