Re: Introduction

  • Torc
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2006
      It seems that we are going to be about in the middle of both Lexington
      and Louisville so we will be on a toss up what way to go. :)

      The question of where Sanders is at, it's about 16 miles east of
      Carrollton, a short jump south of 71. It's blip on the map.

      Torc

      --- In trothkentucky@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Flanary
      <ohdinsgothi@...> wrote:

      > Hail Torc,
      > Welcome to the list and soon to KY. There are several of us
      Heathens down here around Louisville. Sanders isnt far from
      Louisville, about an hour I think. We have monthly Blotar and Lore
      Gatherings. The Blot is usually the first weekend of the month and the
      Lore Study is usually the middle Sunday of the month ( around the
      15th.) You can check our local Yahoo Group at
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisvilleHeathens/
      >
      > Patrick
    • James Overstreet
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hey there Torc. I am very familiar with Sanders. I grew up in Carroll County where Sanders is located. Luckily I no longer live there. I am currently in Oldham County, but still work in Ghent, just up the road from Sanders. As far as I know, there are no heathens in that area, but I could be wrong. Well, good luck with the move and we may run into each other at some point in the future.

        Frith,
        James

        Torc <twrchrua@...> wrote:
        Wassail!

        Thank you for the invite to the list.

        My name is Torc Redrune, cheiftain and gothi of Red Rune Kindred here
        in Omaha, NE. (http://redrune.aesculf.net)

        Some time this coming spring, my family and I will be relocating to
        Sanders, Ky to take advantage of moving onto family land and do away
        with the headaches of life here in Omaha and get a fresh start.

        So I am looking to get to know as many of the fellow heathens in the
        area as possible and see if there are any close to Sanders.

        Feel free to ask any questions you have of me, I'll try to get to them
        as I can.

        Torc

      • Torc Redrune
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2006
          James,

          I am familuar with Ghent, I used to get express mail from there that was
          destined for the airport while I was cursed to live in Patriot for a short
          time.

          I look forward to living in Sanders. I have been living in cities for the
          majority of my adult life and getting a 1 acre plot for $50 a month, then
          eventually own in the future.
          A small hut of one's own is better,
          A man is his master at home:
          A couple of goats and a corded roof
          Still are better than begging.

          I will miss those I will be leaving behind here and hope that with my
          departure does not cause it to fall part. (crosses his fingers) I have
          gotten used to having kinmen living mins away as I do here.

          Torc

          On 8/1/06, James Overstreet <bragispoet@...> wrote:

          > Hey there Torc. I am very familiar with Sanders. I grew up in Carroll
          > County where Sanders is located. Luckily I no longer live there. I am
          > currently in Oldham County, but still work in Ghent, just up the road from
          > Sanders. As far as I know, there are no heathens in that area, but I could
          > be wrong. Well, good luck with the move and we may run into each other at
          > some point in the future.
          >
          > Frith,
          > James
          >

          > Torc <twrchrua@... <twrchrua%40gmail.com>> wrote:
          > Wassail!
          >
          > Thank you for the invite to the list.
          >
          > My name is Torc Redrune, cheiftain and gothi of Red Rune Kindred here
          > in Omaha, NE. (http://redrune.aesculf.net)
          >
          > Some time this coming spring, my family and I will be relocating to
          > Sanders, Ky to take advantage of moving onto family land and do away
          > with the headaches of life here in Omaha and get a fresh start.
          >
          > So I am looking to get to know as many of the fellow heathens in the
          > area as possible and see if there are any close to Sanders.
          >
          > Feel free to ask any questions you have of me, I'll try to get to them
          > as I can.
          >
          > Torc

          A man with a sharp mind will take the measure of two things, what's said and
          what's done.

        • James Overstreet
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2006
            From a city to Sanders, talk about culture shock. Unfortunately I do not live just minutes away, more like about thirty minutes to an hour. Depends on where I am at the time. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

            Frith,
            James

            Torc Redrune <twrchrua@...> wrote:
            James,

            I am familuar with Ghent, I used to get express mail from there that was
            destined for the airport while I was cursed to live in Patriot for a short
            time.

            I look forward to living in Sanders. I have been living in cities for the
            majority of my adult life and getting a 1 acre plot for $50 a month, then
            eventually own in the future.
            A small hut of one's own is better,
            A man is his master at home:
            A couple of goats and a corded roof
            Still are better than begging.

            I will miss those I will be leaving behind here and hope that with my
            departure does not cause it to fall part. (crosses his fingers) I have
            gotten used to having kinmen living mins away as I do here.

            Torc

            On 8/1/06, James Overstreet <bragispoet@...> wrote:

            > Hey there Torc. I am very familiar with Sanders. I grew up in Carroll
            > County where Sanders is located. Luckily I no longer live there. I am
            > currently in Oldham County, but still work in Ghent, just up the road from
            > Sanders. As far as I know, there are no heathens in that area, but I could
            > be wrong. Well, good luck with the move and we may run into each other at
            > some point in the future.
            >
            > Frith,
            > James
            >

            > Torc <twrchrua@... <twrchrua%40gmail.com>> wrote:
            > Wassail!
            >
            > Thank you for the invite to the list.
            >
            > My name is Torc Redrune, cheiftain and gothi of Red Rune Kindred here
            > in Omaha, NE. (http://redrune.aesculf.net)
            >
            > Some time this coming spring, my family and I will be relocating to
            > Sanders, Ky to take advantage of moving onto family land and do away
            > with the headaches of life here in Omaha and get a fresh start.
            >
            > So I am looking to get to know as many of the fellow heathens in the
            > area as possible and see if there are any close to Sanders.
            >
            > Feel free to ask any questions you have of me, I'll try to get to them
            > as I can.
            >
            > Torc

            A man with a sharp mind will take the measure of two things, what's said and
            what's done.

          • Ronald Rowand-White
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 18, 2006
              Hail all,

              I never know what to say for these introductions so I will keep this pretty
              short. My name is Ron and my wife and I moved to Louisville two weeks ago
              today; we moved here from Akron, OH because she's working on her PhD at the
              University of Louisville. I believe Melanie's been on this list for a
              little while now so I will leave it at that.

              In frith,

              Ron

              'Too close to the nose,' said the fellow when he was shot in the eye.

            • Sifsson
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 19, 2006
                Hey Ron, welcome to Ky formally.
                In Troth,
                Sifsson
              • Patrick Flanary
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 19, 2006
                  Hail Ron,

                  Welcome to Louisville. My name is Patrick, I live in Mt Washington, just outside of Louisville. If your would like to make hook up with other Heathens here in Louisville shoot me an email at ohdinsgothi@.... We are forming a kindred in the area. We meet twice a month, once here at my home for Blot and good times and once at Stephanie's house toward the middle of the month for Lore Study. The next Lore study is actually tomarrow evening. You can also join our Louisville Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisvilleHeathens/. Drop us a line pretty soon.

                  Sincerly

                  Patrick Flanary
                  Gothi Hrafa Kló Kindred

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 19, 2006
                    Thank you Sifsson, I appreciate that.

                    You all should know that Sifsson has been the epitome of Asatru hospitality
                    throughout our entire process of moving and I cannot thank him enough.

                    Ron
                    The purpose of argument is to change the nature of truth.
                    - Bene Gesserit Precept
                    _____

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 19, 2006
                      Thank you, Patrick. I am interested in trying to make it tomorrow night, I
                      will send you an e-mail off list to talk about the details.

                      Ron

                      All hail to thy going! All hail to thy coming!
                      all hail to thee, hence and hither!
                      May thy wit not fail thee, Father of men,
                      when with words ye war.
                      _____

                      Welcome to Louisville. My name is Patrick, I live in Mt Washington, just
                      outside of Louisville. If your would like to make hook up with other
                      Heathens here in Louisville shoot me an email at ohdinsgothi@
                      <mailto:ohdinsgothi%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com. We are forming a kindred in the

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 22, 2006
                        I don't know my early Jan schedule yet; will probably be in Tennessee late
                        Dec. or early Jan,; not sure yet. Jordsvin