Re: [trothkentucky] Crazy

  • Carlson
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
      The relevant email addresses:

      amaris.elliot-engel@... - Author of the article
      citizennews@... - General address of the paper
      rick.emanuel@... - (The important one) The Publisher of the paper
      jean.bennett@... - News/Letters to the Editor

      Carlson

      Patrick Flanary <ohdinsgothi@...> wrote: Flood them with emails. Try to force a recant. Ive done it before and it works. Ive already sent mine.

      Patrick

      Stephanie <cheshielynx@...> wrote:
      This is F***ing terrible, read till about half way through!

      http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/2006/02/27/news/local_news/news03.txt
      Frith
      ~Steph

    • Stephanie Lowty
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
        I sent mine too. I have heard on other groups the guy has already made some sort of appology.

        Frith
        ~Steph

        Patrick Flanary <ohdinsgothi@...> wrote:
        Flood them with emails. Try to force a recant. Ive done it before and it works. Ive already sent mine.

        Patrick

        Stephanie <cheshielynx@...> wrote:
        This is F***ing terrible, read till about half way through!

        http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/2006/02/27/news/local_news/news03.txt

        Frith
        ~Steph

        Heathen chemistry Miscreant

        ---------------------------------

      • Stephanie Lowty
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
          Great! Thanks Carlson, I emailed the author already. I will certainly email the publisher.

          Frith
          ~Steph

          Carlson <carlson793@...> wrote:
          The relevant email addresses:

          amaris.elliot-engel@... - Author of the article
          citizennews@... - General address of the paper
          rick.emanuel@... - (The important one) The Publisher of the paper
          jean.bennett@... - News/Letters to the Editor

          Carlson

          Patrick Flanary <ohdinsgothi@...> wrote: Flood them with emails. Try to force a recant. Ive done it before and it works. Ive already sent mine.

          Patrick

          Stephanie <cheshielynx@...> wrote:
          This is F***ing terrible, read till about half way through!

          http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/2006/02/27/news/local_news/news03.txt
          Frith
          ~Steph

          Heathen chemistry Miscreant

        • Matilda Marks
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
            I sent an e-mail out to the Publisher. It looks like the author was using the New York Times article as a reference. A few months back they essentially said the same thing but recanted after the e-mails started up. Unfortunately once this stuff is out there and people have read it, it probably doesn't really help that much to get them to recant. The damage has been done. I wish you could sue the b**stards!

            Frith!
            Matilda

            Matilda's Hearth at...
            http://redfeather.freespaces.com<http://redfeather.freespaces.com/>

            Carlson <carlson793@...<mailto:carlson793@...>> wrote:
            The relevant email addresses:

            amaris.elliot-engel@...<mailto:amaris.elliot-engel@...> - Author of the article
            citizennews@...<mailto:citizennews@...> - General address of the paper
            rick.emanuel@...<mailto:rick.emanuel@...> - (The important one) The Publisher of the paper
            jean.bennett@...<mailto:jean.bennett@...> - News/Letters to the Editor

            Carlson

            Patrick Flanary <ohdinsgothi@...<mailto:ohdinsgothi@...>> wrote: Flood them with emails. Try to force a recant. Ive done it before and it works. Ive already sent mine.

            Patrick

            http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/2006/02/27/news/local_news/news03.txt<http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/2006/02/27/news/local_news/news03.txt>
            Frith
            ~Steph

            Heathen chemistry Miscreant

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Carlson
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
              Always remember: it's easy for a writer to ignore an
              email, but it's almost required for a publisher to
              address such complaints.

              Carlson

              --- Stephanie Lowty <cheshielynx@...> wrote:

              > Great! Thanks Carlson, I emailed the author already.
              > I will certainly email the publisher.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Carlson
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
                I'm not the lawyer on these boards, but I believe the
                term you're looking for is "libel."

                Carlson

                --- Matilda Marks <seolfer@...> wrote:

                > I wish you could sue the b**stards!
                >
                > Frith!
                > Matilda

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Matilda Marks
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Hey Carlson

                  Nice to see another Louisvillian here and ....yes I believe it is libel. I just sent them another letter. The website still hasn't had any kind of recant posted. So anyway where is our resident lawyer? Roger..?