Wicked New Tunes from Stubborn Records!!!

  • Stubborn Records
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
      What's poppin', Stubborn Massive? You're probably just getting over
      your stomach ache from eating all of the Halloween candy you horded
      away from the little Trick-or-Treaters. Now you're looking to dance
      off those couple of extra sugary pounds, right? We've got just the
      thing for you! We just added these titles to
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com, and we think they're tastier and
      more colorful than a bag of Skittles!

      JAMAICAN SKA:

      Don Drummond - Greatest Hits LP (Jamaican Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24286&cat=&page=1
      Don Drummond was one of the most famous and world-reknowned
      trombone players of the 1960's. He was one of the main creative
      forces behind so many of the Skatalites' tunes we've come to know
      and love over the years. This collection is a great representation of
      some of his best tunes from the legendary Treasure Isle label! Don't
      overlook this one, we don't have many!

      Clarendonians - Rudie Bam-Bam b/w Be Bop Boy 7" Single (Jamaican
      Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24269&cat=&page=1
      This record is one of the biggest Rude Boy tunes ever, and just an
      all-around gorgeous piece of Ska from one of the most talented singng
      combos in Jamaica. It's pure Jamaican Ska, coming from a very soulful
      place. These guys were teenagers when they recorded their Studio One
      Ska sides, but their voices and the message they conveyed was wise
      beyond their years. These are rare, so get one here!

      MODERN SKA:

      Hepcat - Out of Nowhere CD (Remastered with Bonus Tracks)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24287&cat=&page=1
      Hepcat needs no introduction to anyone who's been into Ska over the
      last 18 years or so. They've been one of the most popular
      Traditional-style Ska and Reggae bands on the scene forever, and when
      you hear their tunes, you know why. This is their first studio album
      remastered, and includes bonus tracks from their very first single.
      This CD is absolutely killer, and features the original Hepcat
      line-up, including Dave Hillyard of The Slackers on tenor sax!

      Rolando Random & The Young Soul Rebels - Hidden Pleasures CD (German Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24289&cat=&page=1
      This is one of the coolest CD's we've heard around these parts
      recently! It's from an amazing German band that plays a cool
      Garage-influenced style of traditional Ska and Reggae. They pull it
      off as well as anyone we've heard in recent years. The songwriting is
      really good, the music sounds great, and the vibe is unique and really
      fun to listen to.

      Spitfire - Thrills and Kills CD (German Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24277&cat=&page=1
      Well, this CD marks the fall of the Iron Curtain for Stubborn Records,
      as I believe this is the first Russian Ska band whose CD we've gotten
      for the site. It's a really unique 15 song CD, as it goes from really
      cool guitar-driven rock with horns, to up-beat punk-influenced Ska, to
      pop-punk, to chilled-out, cool reggae, then BACK again! But none of it
      sounds out of place. It flows really well, and is super catchy! Dig it!

      EARLY DANCEHALL REGGAE:

      Yellowman and Fathead - Live at Ace's: Feeding in the Dancehall CD
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24275&cat=&page=1
      Ever wonder what a real Jamaican Sound System show sounds like? Well,
      here's your chance to hear one from 1982, featuring one of the biggest
      early Dancehall stars EVER! Yellowman was, at the time this CD was
      made, more popular in Jamaican than Bob Marley! This CD shows
      his true talent, chatting lyrics off the top of his head over the biggest
      rub-a-dub dancehall riddims of the time. This is a must-have for any real
      reggae fan!

      DUB

      King Tubbys Meets Larry Marshall - I Admire You in Dub CD (British
      Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24288&cat=&page=1
      Larry Marshall was an awesome singer and songwriter. He started out in
      the very early days of Ska and Reggae, singing tunes for Studio 1, Top
      Deck, and Prince Buster's labels. He then went on to record some of
      the very first reggae tunes ever, including the seminal Nanny Goat.
      This CD is the Dub version of his album I Admire You. It was made
      with the best musicians in Jamaica, like Sly Dunbar, Lloyd Parks, the
      Wailers Band, and more. It was recently unearthed, and is a dub mix of
      the entire album, done at King Tubby's. It's pure Tubby's Dub, done
      right!

      Here's last week's additions in case you forgot about them already!

      ROOTS/DANCEHALL:

      Little John - I Feel Good 7" Single (Jamaican Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24284&cat=&page=1

      Pampidoo - Selassie I Rule 7" Single (Jamaican Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24285&cat=&page=1

      EARLY REGGAE:

      Derrick Morgan - Do the Beng Beng: Rock Steady and Early Reggae
      1967-1968 CD (British Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24274&cat=&page=1

      Harry J Allstars - Liquidator LP (Jamaican Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24272&cat=&page=1

      Jackie Mittoo - High Jack b/w Throw Me Corn Version (blank) 7" single
      (Jamaican Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24268&cat=&page=1

      MODERN SKA:

      Yellow Umbrella - Little Planet CD (German Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24278&cat=&page=1

      Riki Rocksteady - Your Official Introduction CD
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24279&cat=&page=1

      And here's stuff we ran out of that we just got back in stock:

      Ernest Ranglin - Boss Reggae CD
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24094&cat=&page=1

      Jackie Mittoo - Keyboard Legend CD (Jamaican Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24164&cat=&page=1

      V/A - Jackpot of Hits + Explosive Rock Steady CD (British Import)
      http://www.stubbornrecords.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24091&cat=&page=1

      Now, as promised, we've added even more new stuff to our Jukebox!!!
      Go to http://www.stubbornrecords.com/jukebox and listen to the Radiation
      Kings - Early Years and Stubborn All-Stars - Back with a New Batch
      CD's! Please hit us up with requests for what you want to hear on the
      jukebox. We want to get as many titles from our website up in our
      jukebox as possible, so help us figure out where to start! Shoot us
      an e-mail at info@... or IM us at StubbornOffice on
      AIM. We hope you're into this batch of music, and we'll be back before
      you know it with more!!! Thanks!!!

      -Stubborn Crew

      http://www.stubbornrecords.com
      http://www.myspace.com/stubbornrecords