One World Festival / People in Need

  • o_belskaya
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      ONE WORLD • International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival

      March 5 - 13, 2008 • Prague, Czech Republic
      Organized by the People in Need
      Held under the auspices of Václav Havel, the Minister of Culture
      Václav Jehlièka and the Lord Mayor of Prague Pavel Bém

      Dear colleagues,

      We are pleased to invite you to submit your audiovisual works to be
      considered for inclusion into the 10th annual One World
      International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival, to be held in
      Prague, Czech Republic, 5 - 13 March 2008.

      Within the framework of the 10th edition of the One World, we have
      decided to include a new program section. In addition to feature
      length and short documentary films, we would like to present also
      audiovisual works commissioned or produced by humanitarian,
      development, ecological and human rights non-profit civil society
      organizations. The aim of this project is to show how these
      organizations use audiovisual communication (short films, PSAs,
      etc.) for building awareness, lobbying, campaigning or mobilizing
      support for their activities.

      One World is usually exciting event with strong film program, good
      crowds in cinemas and excellent atmosphere. It is also a good
      meeting place of filmmakers and civil sector activists from all
      around the world.

      To submit your works, please fill the entryform online on our
      website www.oneworld.cz and send us the DVD preview copy. Should you
      have problems with sending the entryform online, you can print it
      and send it filled together with preview copy of your film.
      Submissions must include both the completed submission form and a
      DVD preview copy (PAL or NTSC). Submission deadline is December
      30th, 2007. We accept works made in the past two years.

      Please send the DVD copy to:
      One World Festival / People in Need
      Ms Olga Belskaya
      Sokolska 18, Prague 2, 120 00, Czech Republic
      We would also ask you to send an e-mail confirmation of your
      submition to olga.belskaya@...

      Organized by the well known People in Need organisation, One World
      has quickly emerged as the largest and one of the most important
      human rights film festivals in Europe. Last year, festival was
      attended by more than 36.000 viewers in Prague, and 35.000 in 14
      cities around the Czech Republic. The festival consists of an
      international competition of feature-length and short documentary
      films and videos, retrospectives and tributes, a showcase of human
      rights public service announcements and TV spots, educational
      screenings at high schools, workshops, debates, concerts, photo
      exhibitions, and other events.
      One World 2007 screened 123 documentaries from over 30 countries and
      hosted many international guests. For more information on past
      festivals and award winners, please visit our website at:
      www.oneworld.cz.

      Should you have any questions regarding the selection process or
      about the festival, please do not hesitate to contact me.

      We look forward to the opportunity to view your works.

      With best wishes,

      Olga Belskaya
      One World International Film Festival
      People in Need / Clovek v tisni