Games at Rich's Friday July 1 - Any interest?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2005
      Unlike Lemony Snicket, a fortunate series of events is allowing me the
      chance to host a gaming session tomorrow (Friday) night. Apologize for the
      short notice and for trolling this list for opponents, but it seems the most
      expedient way to find interested bodies.

      With it being a Friday night, perhaps we can play a bit longer game. Most
      importantly, this isn't an extra session of our Wednesday night
      gathering....so all games are up for play (no restriction). Perhaps, we can
      even play a bit later than 9pm, but please not too late perhaps 10 or 10:30.
      If we start at 6:30, this gives us 4 hours to play.

      Having read through Shadows over Camelot - would be interested in giving
      that game a try. I am sure we can think of other games we would like to
      try. Reef Encounter / In the Shadow of the Emperor are other games with
      some interest perceived or imagined.

      With this being short notice, I hope there are perhaps 2 to 4 others who
      would be interested also. Any more, I think we would need to break into 2
      groups and my house isn't really comfortable for that...besides might be a
      bit loud for the wife who has graciously allowed me to host an additional
      evening of games.

      Any interest out there? Please RSVP to the list so we can all see how many
      might be available.

      Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions,

      Rich
    • prdrchev
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2005
        Perhaps everyone is busy - but I am getting a bit concerned that
        there has been no response (that I have seen) to the possibility of
        game's at my house tonight.

        As we are approaching the lunch hour today, I am hoping folks will
        have time to respond in the next few hours. If there is dearth of
        event and doing something else this evening.

        I realize the fault is mine for the late notice, but still optimistic
        that people just haven't had time to respond.

        Thanks,

        Rich

        --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pardoe"
        <RPardoe@p...> wrote:

        (I am able) to host a gaming session ... (Friday) night.
        all games are up for play (no restriction). Perhaps, we can even
        play a bit later than 9pm, but please not too late perhaps 10 or
        10:30. If we start at 6:30, this gives us 4 hours to play.
        Any interest out there? Please RSVP to the list so we can all see
        how many might be available.
      • David Wallace
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2005
          Great idea, but Jan and I already have plans for tonight. Sorry.

          Dave W.

        • sterlingw@comcast.net

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2005
              As there have been more condolences than acceptances, I prefer to
              cancel tonight's session. Perhaps there will be another time in the
              near future with a bit more advance notice to let more folks attend.

              Sam - Thanks for the offer, my apologies that it didn't work out.
              Perhaps I can make it to Round Table one Monday night to play with
              your group. Congrats also on your Kublacon TTR win
              (http://tinyurl.com/929ze), best of luck and skill at GenCon.

              Until next week when we return to our regularly scheduled gaming,

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1, 2005
                --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "prdrchev" <RPardoe@C...> wrote:
                > Perhaps everyone is busy - but I am getting a bit concerned that
                > there has been no response (that I have seen) to the possibility of
                > game's at my house tonight.

                I still haven't checked with Kathi, and now the phone's busy at home.
                Hang on...

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 1, 2005
                  --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "prdrchev" <RPardoe@C...> wrote:
                  > As there have been more condolences than acceptances, I prefer to
                  > cancel tonight's session. Perhaps there will be another time in the
                  > near future with a bit more advance notice to let more folks attend.

                  D'oh! I just got through to Kathi (beware phone calls with her
                  mother. :-) ) and she OK'ed my attendance. And then I see this. Sigh.

                  Oh well. If sentiments change, I'll remain available, and will
                  monitor the list until 5PM. If not, see you all Wednesday.