Roll Call - April 6 - N

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
      As we spring ahead, we look ahead to Wednesday's gaming session. The letter
      this week is "N" and we have a very small selection of games to choose from.
      Five titles (plus 1 alternate title) make it to the list. At least there
      are a few choices that appear to provide a good game for the evening.

      Before we get to the roll call, I have a favour to ask of all of you. This
      Wednesday, I have been scheduled to call into a manager's meeting at our
      Singapore office. It is scheduled for first thing Thursday morning
      (Singapore time) which backs into 5:30 to 6:30 pm Pacific Daylight Time. I
      plan to call in from home, but would appreciate it if we could delay the
      start of the gaming session by 15 minutes. This will give me a small buffer
      should my call go over. Therefore, would it be to inconvenient to ask
      everyone to arrive at 6:45~6:50? I realize many of you come directly from
      work, so wanted to make sure this is acceptable for you all.

      With such a short list, perhaps we could nominate a game or two via e-mail.
      If the game of interest is one in my collection, I could then have the game
      set-up prior to your arrival to help offset some of the delay in arriving.
      If this isn't a big issue with folks, we can just do the usual select and
      set-up on Wednesday night.

      So, who plans on attending games at my house this Wednesday starting at
      ***6:45 pm*** (15 minutes later than normal)?

      Thanks,

      Rich

      The "N" List
      ============
      (2-4) Nautilus

      (2-5) Neuen Entdecker, die

      (2-6) Nuclear War (S)

      (3-4) New England (S)
      (3-4) Nuggets (Lost Valley)
      (3-5) Niagara
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
        I'll see you on Wednesday, a little later than usual.

        All the games listed are fine with me, except that we played Lost Valley
        a short time ago and I would prefer to try something different.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
          --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pardoe"
          <RPardoe@p...> wrote:
          > So, who plans on attending games at my house this Wednesday starting at
          > ***6:45 pm*** (15 minutes later than normal)?

          I'll be there, at 6:45, and I'll be bringing none of the games on the
          list (though I might still bring a game or two)

          As for a game nominee, I'm interested in playing Nautilus, if we end
          up being 4 or less.

          Dave Wilson
        • Yehuda Berlinger
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
            Sorry. Can't come. Still too far to travel from Jerusalem. Maybe you
            can move it closer to my house next week?

            Yehuda Berlinger
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
              Looks like we have 4, so I plan to go with Dave's suggestion (which also was
              a game I wanted to try) - Nautilus. I will try to have it set up by the
              time everyone arrives tomorrow night.

              But if another person responds that they want to play tomorrow night, no
              problem, I will just go with New Entdecker - which probably doesn't take as
              much set up, but anytime we can save will be more time we can play games.

              Rich
            • Sterling
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005

                Believe it or not, I will be there today.  I will bring Nuclear War/Escalation.

                See you at 6:45.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
                  Welcome back, Sterling.....

                  Looks like it is 5 for games in our "global" gaming group.

                  - Rich

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
                    Head's up. Carrie makes six this evening. Don't know *what* that
                    does to our gaming choices, though.

                    Dave