Re: [trivalleygamers] First timer

  • David Wallace
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
      laurence wrote:

      >Hello Dave and Tri valley
      >
      >I find a very similiar history as described in the hosts
      >introduction.....to being in a RPG group that has no care to play
      >wargames. I am searching for a new war gaming group. I live in
      >Walnut Creek and I am willing to host games. My current search is
      >for Axis and Allies players, then next preference for anything
      >Avalon Hill.
      >
      >Is there anybody out THERE, There, there.... ECHO , Echo, echo....
      >
      >Lawrence

      Hi, Lawrence. I come from a wargaming background. Most of my
      collection is old SPI games,
      although I do have a number of Avalon Hill titles (e.g., We the People,
      History of the World,
      Kingmaker, Titan...). I do own a copy of Axis and Allies, although
      I've never played it. I'd
      certainly be interested in giving it a shot some time.

      As the other Dave W. said, the Trivalley gaming sessions have generally
      focused on
      German-style games. Generally the group tries to select a game or games
      that everyone
      present can play together. But there was at least one occassion when we
      split into two
      groups to play different games, and I could get interested in either
      splitting off or playing
      at a different time to get in a 2 or 3 player wargame sometime if time
      and space permit.

      I should note that my time for gaming is limited at the moment, and my
      attendence
      at Trivalley can best be described as "sporadic." So if you
      specifically want to
      arrange a game with me, it's best to try and prearrange it.

      Dave Wallace
    • l scott
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2004
        HI David W

        Thank you for responding to my e-mail. Sorry it took me so long to reply.
        I'm glad to see that
        there are war gamers out there! I agree that Its good to plan an event,
        there is so little time anymore for anything it seems. I hope that your
        group will be able to vote for a Axis and Allies game sometime. I have a
        board and I am willing to host people at my home in Pleasant Hill, also.

        Unfortunately I wont be able to game soon, last month I broke my left
        clavical bone in an accident and I am taking time to heal. But maybe I'll
        learn what these "German" games are?
        Do player speak a different language when playing?

        Warmly

        Lawrence