Re: [trivalleygamers] Game Session - 29 Sep - Session Report

  • David Wallace
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
      Darn - if I had known that you guys were going to be playing Merchant of
      Venus, I would
      have tried harder to come. But of course, if I had come, then you would
      have had 4 people
      and wouldn't have played it. A nice paradox, worthy of Heisenberg...

      Anyhow, I'm thinking of hosting a weekend session here (Hayward), if I
      can schedule
      the rec hall to give us space to play. That would give us a longer
      block of time where
      we could play games like MoV without worrying so much about playing time.
      The possible dates for me this month (subject to availability of the
      room) are
      Sunday afternoon on the 24th, or Saturday afternoon on the 30th (Halloween
      weekend). Does anyone have any strong feelings about one date vs. the
      other?
      I'm probably going to try and make a tentative reservation tomorrow, so
      please
      let me know promptly if one of those dates works better for you than the
      other.

      Dave Wallace
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
        Dave,

        Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, both look bad for my schedule;
        but don't let that deter you.

        Sunday, 24th, I am heading to Houston for a week of meetings there.
        Saturday, 30th would be just after I return. Saturday morning is
        Sabrina's Japanese school. And the afternoon might be filled with
        some accumulated projects around the house.

        So, in short, probably best to count me out for this month.
        Hopefully, the first session goes well and there will be a repeat
        session I could attend.

        Best of luck and I look forward to the session report.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2004
          --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, David Wallace <dave@s...> wrote:
          > Darn - if I had known that you guys were going to be playing Merchant of
          > Venus, I would
          > have tried harder to come. But of course, if I had come, then you would
          > have had 4 people
          > and wouldn't have played it. A nice paradox, worthy of Heisenberg...

          Yeah. As it was, with the three of us, we still ran to 9:15, and that's because I hit
          some pretty efficient runs, and was able to roll the right pilot number to hit the
          TeleGate. Otherwise, we probably were going another half hour or so.

          > Anyhow, I'm thinking of hosting a weekend session here (Hayward), if I
          > can schedule
          > the rec hall to give us space to play. That would give us a longer
          > block of time where
          > we could play games like MoV without worrying so much about playing time.
          > The possible dates for me this month (subject to availability of the
          > room) are
          > Sunday afternoon on the 24th, or Saturday afternoon on the 30th (Halloween
          > weekend). Does anyone have any strong feelings about one date vs. the
          > other?
          > I'm probably going to try and make a tentative reservation tomorrow, so
          > please
          > let me know promptly if one of those dates works better for you than the
          > other.

          I can say for starters that the 30th isn't going to work for me. I'll have to check with
          my wife to see what plans she has for the other weekend -- she's pretty flexible
          about the weeknight gaming, since she's usually dealing with schoolwork, but that
          leaves only the weekends for the two of us. But I'll check with her, and see what's on
          her radar.

          Dave Wilson