Re: Gaming night on wednesday

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004
      --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Hammond"
      <j.hammond@c...> wrote:
      > Hi gang,
      >
      > I can host this week. Is anyone interested in coming over?

      Count me in.

      Dave Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004
        --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "Aldo Ghiozzi" <aldo@w...>
        wrote:
        > Hi all. I'm new to the list so I wanted to ask what to expect on
        these game nights...Is it a whole bunch of folks, a few close friends
        (that I may be intruding on!), RPGs, board games, card games,
        miniatures, do I bring food, how long, et. al...Oh, and where?!?!?!

        Sessions run from 6:30(sharp) through 9PM(ish, but never too far
        beyond). Sessions I've attended have run from four players to seven
        players, though many more are subscribed to the list. Typical fare
        includes board games and card games (I've yet to see either RPG or
        miniatures, and at this point, that's OK by me.) It's a friendly but
        business-like group -- no food, typically; just show up, and we'll
        start playing. Sessions are hosted at members' homes. This week
        it's Jeff, which is why he posted the roll call request. Since it
        *is* Jeff this week, I'll let him handle the rest of this.

        Dave Wilson
      • sterlingw@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004
          We're a small group usually 4-7 people. We start at about 6:30 and play until 9. The games we play are typically the European style family strategy games like Settlers of Catan or Bohnanza. If your interested in joining us, let Jeff know and he will see that you get directions outside the mailing list.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004

            Hi Aldo,

            It is usually 3-5 people per session playing a game or two.  We play German style board and card games.  There are some actual session reports in the message archives that are more specific.  The typical schedule is every Wednesday 6:30 – 9 (or 9:30) played at various Tri-Valley locations.  This week I am hosting at my house in Pleasanton.  We are always looking for other gamers to join us so if you are interested in participating this week let me know and I will send you directions.

            Hi all.  I'm new to the list so I wanted to ask what to expect on these game nights...Is it a whole bunch of folks, a few close friends (that I may be intruding on!), RPGs, board games, card games, miniatures, do I bring food, how long, et. al...Oh, and where?!?!?!

            Thanks!

            Aldo