Re: [trivalleygamers] Session Report - October 8, 2003

  • sterlingw@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 13, 2003
      I have 7 of the games listed. Everything except Puerto Rico (Which Jeff has) and Traders of Genoa. Here is the list with maximum number of players.

      2. Settlers of Catan - 6 (Best with 4)
      3. El Grande - 5
      4. Tigris & Euphrates - 4
      5. Acquire - 6
      6. Bohnanza - 7
      7. Citadels - 7
      9. Formula De - 10

      If we decide to play Formula De, I would need to make it a one lap race with one car per player, so that I can have a chance to get home at a decent time.

      Sterling
      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 13, 2003
        Puerto Rico takes 3-5 players and I'd be happy to bring it.

        I didn't see "Titan: The Arena" on the list of played games when I
        checked.

        I have 7 of the games listed. Everything except Puerto Rico (Which Jeff
        has) and Traders of Genoa. Here is the list with maximum number of
        players.

        2. Settlers of Catan - 6 (Best with 4)
        3. El Grande - 5
        4. Tigris & Euphrates - 4
        5. Acquire - 6
        6. Bohnanza - 7
        7. Citadels - 7
        9. Formula De - 10

        If we decide to play Formula De, I would need to make it a one lap race
        with one car per player, so that I can have a chance to get home at a
        decent time.

        Sterling

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Jason Nutt
        Message 3 of 27 , Oct 13, 2003
          Looks like we have 5 people.  Base on that, I would like to play Puerto Rico.

          I would also like to play El Grande, but I am sure we will only be able to fit one of these in for Wednesday.

          Will that work for everyone?  So many games to play and so little time to play them. ; )

          sterlingw@... wrote:
          I have 7 of the games listed. Everything except Puerto Rico (Which Jeff has) and Traders of Genoa.  Here is the list with maximum number of players.

          2. Settlers of Catan - 6 (Best with 4)
          3. El Grande - 5
          4. Tigris & Euphrates - 4
          5. Acquire - 6
          6. Bohnanza - 7
          7. Citadels - 7
          9. Formula De - 10

          If we decide to play Formula De, I would need to make it a one lap race with one car per player, so that I can have a chance to get home at a decent time.

          Sterling

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 13, 2003

            I’ll bring Puerto Rico.  We might have time to play Bohnanza as well since it is relatively quick.

            Message 5 of 27 , Oct 13, 2003
              Jeff,

              That would be great!  I would like to Bohnanza in as well.

              Message 6 of 27 , Oct 15, 2003
                Session Report - October 15, 2003 We played one game tonight: Princes of Florence

                Due to an illness in the family, Jason couldn't make it, so we opted to hold off on Puerto Rico until next week. We played Princes of Florence. We also welcomed a new player, Jim Lamb. Thanks of joining us, Jim.

                Jason: hope your wife is feeling better soon.

                Sean: Happy Birthday to your wife.

                Princes of Florence - **Jim (49 and 500 Florin)/Michael (49 and 200 Florin)/Sterling (46)/Jeff (46)/Oliver (46)
                First of all, I want to make it clear that we don't have a "let the new guy win" policy, even if the last two session reports seem to suggest that.

                This is the second time that we've played this game and the first time with five players. The game definitely has a different flavor with five. You actually run out of profession cards so the recruiting cards become very important. Bonus cards were also very popular in this session.

                Jim and Michael tied for the most prestige points with Jim coming out as the winner with the tie-breaker of "most cash on hand." Sterling, Jeff and Oliver had a three way tie for second place. All in all it was a taught and suspenseful game with the outcome undetermined until the last prestige card was played.

                (**denotes game winner)

                NEXT WEEK (October 22nd): See you next week at 6:30 pm. Jeff is hosting. Please email me at michael@... if you need directions to Jeff's house.

                Also - Look for a poll in the "poll" section of the yahoo site. We will be trying to set a date this week for our weekend game. Please log your vote so we can determine the best day for the most people.
              • Jason Nutt
                Message 7 of 27 , Oct 16, 2003
                  Everyone,

                  Sorry I missed the game.  My wife seems to be feeling much better after spending most of the morning at the hospital.  They still do not know why she was ill.  Go figure!  We will have to do more tests later.

                  I should be there next week.  I will keep you all post.  Thank you for your concern.

                  I took the poll for the weekend game, but did not see anything about times.  Most Saturdays will work for me until about 5:00pm.  I have church Saturday nights.

                  Hope to see you all next week.

                  Message 8 of 27 , Oct 29, 2003
                    Session Report - October 29, 2003 We played one game tonight: Traders of Genoa

                    We also welcomed another new player, Richard Pardoe. Thanks for coming, Richard. Hope to see you again.

                    Traders of Genoa - **Jeff (790 ducats)/Richard (705)/Sterling (645)/Michael (620)
                    In this game, players take turns "walking" the streets of Genoa, fulfilling large and small orders, delivering messages and engaging in all sorts of commerce. We did pretty well for our first time through. The game took just under 2 hours. Jeff won by quietly amassing the most ducats from his wheeling and dealing. All in all, this was a good gaming experience. Once we got the hang of the game, the deals got more interesting.

                    (**denotes game winner)

                    NEXT WEEK (November 5th): See you next week at 6:30 pm. Jeff is hosting. We talked about possibly playing Bean Trader or Samurai or Taj Mahal or...or...or...