Re: Game Suggestion - 5 Dec - Ruhrschifffahrt

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2012
      Yes, I'll be there. Sorry about the late reply.

      > Yes, I am early with this tonight, but figured I could get the ball rolling
      > early today. I realize only one person has responded and if that is all
      > there is for tomorrow night, I will bring out A Few Acres of Snow (or)
      > Revolver as the game. I suspect I won't need to do that as I am thinking
      > one or two more folks might be able to make it. And I've always wanted to
      > play a game with three F's in a row in its name.
      >
      > Ruhrschifffahrt is a pick-up and deliver game with historical styling. As
      > one makes deliveries, one gets a research (development) point. Getting
      > certain points allows one to receive upgrades and additional abilities. One
      > overview on the geek does suggest this has a bit of "classic Wallace" about
      > it. And this plays up to 4 players.
      >
      > Now, if anyone is looking to read the rules online - be forewarned, they are
      > a mess of bad organization when first read. It took me a couple of readings
      > and then punching the game to reach my Aha moment and realize the game is
      > much, much simpler than the thick rulebook implies. If anyone does want to
      > read up on the game ahead of time, I would suggest a couple of BGG
      > submissions:
      >
      > The first is a high level overview of the rules with better flow:
      > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9uxxl0i4nl/Ruhrschifffahrt_Player
      > _Aid.pdf
      >
      > The second is a graphic aide:
      > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9t8hg9ss64/PA_1.4_Combined_%28Red
      > uced%29.pdf
      >
      > but that has some comments that folks can't download (worked for me), so it
      > has been split as:
      >
      > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9u27s21yo4/Ruhrschiffarht_1769-18
      > 90_Player_Aid_1.5_Side_1_Single_Layer.pdf
      >
      > &
      >
      > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9u2p0sfnbi/Ruhrschiffarht_1769-18
      > 90_Player_Aid_1.5_Side_2_Single_Layer.pdf
      >
      > Of course, if we suddenly get an outpouring of attendance tonight, I will
      > update with a better suggestion a bit later.

    • David Wallace
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2012
        With an opportunity to see a bit of "classic Wallace," how can I
        resist? I'll plan on being there.

        Dave W.

      • David Wallace
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2012
          Much as I wanted to come tonight, I've got an important project at the
          office that I need to wrap up tonight, so I don't think I can make it
          after all. Sorry about the late cancellation.

          Dave W.