Re: Game Suggestion - 5 Dec - Ruhrschifffahrt

  • registerlad
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2012
      It is unlikely that I will be able to make it. But I shall hold out hope and reserve the right to show up with a bit of notice :-)

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2012
        Yes, I'll be there. Sorry about the late reply.

        > Yes, I am early with this tonight, but figured I could get the ball rolling
        > early today. I realize only one person has responded and if that is all
        > there is for tomorrow night, I will bring out A Few Acres of Snow (or)
        > Revolver as the game. I suspect I won't need to do that as I am thinking
        > one or two more folks might be able to make it. And I've always wanted to
        > play a game with three F's in a row in its name.
        >
        > Ruhrschifffahrt is a pick-up and deliver game with historical styling. As
        > one makes deliveries, one gets a research (development) point. Getting
        > certain points allows one to receive upgrades and additional abilities. One
        > overview on the geek does suggest this has a bit of "classic Wallace" about
        > it. And this plays up to 4 players.
        >
        > Now, if anyone is looking to read the rules online - be forewarned, they are
        > a mess of bad organization when first read. It took me a couple of readings
        > and then punching the game to reach my Aha moment and realize the game is
        > much, much simpler than the thick rulebook implies. If anyone does want to
        > read up on the game ahead of time, I would suggest a couple of BGG
        > submissions:
        >
        > The first is a high level overview of the rules with better flow:
        > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9uxxl0i4nl/Ruhrschifffahrt_Player
        > _Aid.pdf
        >
        > The second is a graphic aide:
        > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9t8hg9ss64/PA_1.4_Combined_%28Red
        > uced%29.pdf
        >
        > but that has some comments that folks can't download (worked for me), so it
        > has been split as:
        >
        > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9u27s21yo4/Ruhrschiffarht_1769-18
        > 90_Player_Aid_1.5_Side_1_Single_Layer.pdf
        >
        > &
        >
        > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9u2p0sfnbi/Ruhrschiffarht_1769-18
        > 90_Player_Aid_1.5_Side_2_Single_Layer.pdf
        >
        > Of course, if we suddenly get an outpouring of attendance tonight, I will
        > update with a better suggestion a bit later.

      • David Wallace
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2012
          With an opportunity to see a bit of "classic Wallace," how can I
          resist? I'll plan on being there.

          Dave W.

        • David Wallace
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2012
            Much as I wanted to come tonight, I've got an important project at the
            office that I need to wrap up tonight, so I don't think I can make it
            after all. Sorry about the late cancellation.

            Dave W.