Re: Games - 3 Oct - Suggestion: STARSHIP MERCHANTS

  • registerlad
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2012
      I'm not going to make it tonight. Instead of zipping around the galaxy buyin' and sellin', I get to sit in on a conference call. Hurrah :-/

      I hope that doesn't mess up the plans. Have fun tonight!

      -Dan

      > My suggestion for tomorrow night: STARSHIP MERCHANTS from Tom Lehmann/Joe
      > Huber. The genesis of the game was to take 2038 and reduce it down to just
      > a few mechanics and that is what the game is about. Players are moving
      > their spaceship through various "steps" on the business cycle to acquire
      > ships, upgrades, goods and destinations, and finally money for delivering
      > same. There is no map as things are a bit abstracted. The rules are
      > online, but I found them a bit deficient in areas, so if anyone is reading
      > up in preparation, be sure to read the FAQ as well as the Card Explanation
      > files from Toy Vault on BGG.
      >
      > See you all tomorrow night.

    • RMUCB
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2012
        Funny, that is one of the few reasons that I never get to attend anymore!

        But happy to note that I am moving back to the area in a out a month or so, so maybe that will change.

        Cheers all!

        R.