Re: Games - 3 Oct - Suggestion: STARSHIP MERCHANTS

  • registerlad
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2012
      No worries.

      > Tammany Hall plays 5P. For smaller player counts, parts of the board are
      > "shut off" initially and opened up as the game progresses. Also, there are
      > a total of five city offices (including mayor). So while TH might work with
      > a smaller number, I have been saving it for an evening when we are five
      > around the table. Last week, we just missed that chance, so perhaps another
      > week soon.....

    • registerlad
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2012
        I'm not going to make it tonight. Instead of zipping around the galaxy buyin' and sellin', I get to sit in on a conference call. Hurrah :-/

        I hope that doesn't mess up the plans. Have fun tonight!

        -Dan

        > My suggestion for tomorrow night: STARSHIP MERCHANTS from Tom Lehmann/Joe
        > Huber. The genesis of the game was to take 2038 and reduce it down to just
        > a few mechanics and that is what the game is about. Players are moving
        > their spaceship through various "steps" on the business cycle to acquire
        > ships, upgrades, goods and destinations, and finally money for delivering
        > same. There is no map as things are a bit abstracted. The rules are
        > online, but I found them a bit deficient in areas, so if anyone is reading
        > up in preparation, be sure to read the FAQ as well as the Card Explanation
        > files from Toy Vault on BGG.
        >
        > See you all tomorrow night.

      • RMUCB
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2012
          Funny, that is one of the few reasons that I never get to attend anymore!

          But happy to note that I am moving back to the area in a out a month or so, so maybe that will change.

          Cheers all!

          R.