Invitation to Games - 3 Oct

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2012
      Invitation to Games - 3 Oct

      LAST WEEK:

      We thought we were five, but in the end it was four around the table, so we opted for Lisas request to play TRAJAN once more.  As everyone was familiar with the rules, we could jump right in.  The only question we had was the allotment of Trajan tiles into the 6 groups.  We had split the tiles into 1 worker and 2 worker tiles, but those stacks are uneven (10 and 8 respectively).  Sorting by worker / legionnaire would make those stacks 9 and 9.  That is the correct way to play from what I see online.  A small blip as we launched right into the game.  Tim focused on getting a +2 for the Senate action and then focused on drawing senate extra action where possible to get 3 Senate actions in a turn allowing him to get maximum points in the first and fourth quarter of the year.  Rich focused on shipping goods for bonuses.  Lisa also had goods for bonuses.  Dan focused on getting sets from the site.  Of course, we also placed workers in a variety of areas attempting to get other points as well.  For example, quite a bit of conquest with our generals and legionnaires as well While I didnt have the exact scores, I have the general results and recall that Dan outscored Rich by one point:

      Tim:  140 pts / Dan: 129 pts / Rich: 128 pts / Lisa: 105 pts

      THIS WEEK:

      Ready to host again this Wednesday.  For 5P, I still want to get Tammany Hall to the table.  If 4P, can come up with some options (eg Starship Merchants).  But always happy to try to accommodate suggestions you might have as well.  Once we get the head count on Tuesday night, will narrow down and make the suggestion for Wednesdays games. Rich

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2012
          I fully intend to be there this time.

          No, really.