Re: [trivalleygamers] Re: Games - 11 July - Suggestion - 1830 Cardgame (or) Eclipse

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2012
      1830 Cardgame is indeed one of this year's Winsome releases.  So I think I will continue my lean toward that (and King of Tokyo).

      The general rule of thumb of 30 minutes per player for Eclipse seems to be a fair estimate.  I recall we finished our previous 3P game in about 90-120 minutes before.  That said, a 6P game at a moderate clip should finish in about 3 hours, so just exceed the time slot. Probably is best to wait until we have 4P (or thereabouts) to retry Eclipse (likely with the Aliens as an option.)  Regardless of play spped, there is a lot of stuff to look over when someone is seeing the game for the first time which will slow down the game.  Happy to show you the cube trays as a consolation for not playing the game.

      - Rich

      From: registerlad <registerlad@...>
      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:42 AM

      I will be there, as will my friend. His name is Dan as well, so names will be easy for everyone!

      I've heard great things about King of Tokyo!

      Also, I just played (most of) a game of Eclipse last night and would love to play it again! That game... I can see why it's so highly rated.

      See you all tonight,

      Dan (and Dan)