Invitation to Games - 5 July (NOTE: Thursday!)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 9:25 PM
      Invitation to Games - 5 July (NOTE: Thursday!)

      LAST WEEK:

      A full house as Ben and Lawrence could stop by.  And we also welcomed Dan for the first time.  With Tim and Dave that made 6 around the table.  So we did get FUNNY FRIENDS to the table.  While the theme is folks trying to achieve life goals (as measured by various degrees of life skills) via the play of cards that will advance (or decrease) the skills.  However, many cards have you bring along a friend to also experience the cards effects.   We did run a bit long playing the game as we were all unfamiliar with the cards so spent time reading the ones on offer each round.  While Tim did jump to an early lead, it was Dave that accomplished his 5 goals first to win the game.  Afterwards, we all did feel that the game did play a bit long with 6 players as there was too much down time between turns.  Also, while the game has 5 male and 5 female characters, I felt the game dynamic would be improved by not having all the non-player characters be of a single gender.  I guess as in life, it is best to mix things up when playing this game.

      THIS WEEK:

      With the 4th of July on Wednesday I am offering to move games to THURSDAY 5 July.  I realize that this might conflict with folks plans, but I am willing to give it a try for this week.  With the player count even more unknown this week wont even hazard a suggestion until Tuesday night.  As usual.

      Please respond by Tuesday evening if you can make it for Wednesday….

    • registerlad
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3 11:36 AM
        Hey all,

        What with the 4th being mid-week, my week is a bit topsy-turvy. I'm not going to be able to make it on the 5th, sadly.

        Have fun!

        -Dan