Game Suggestion - 27 June - FUNNY FRIENDS

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012
      Game Suggestion - 27 June - FUNNY FRIENDS

      A full house for tomorrow night as it appears we have 6 around the table for games (and Welcome Dan!).  Unfortunately, Lawrence that means Escape from Atlantis (aka Survive) isnt really an option.  For options, we do have the rather obvious 7 Wonders or Power Grid both games we have tabled in the past.   But with this many players, I do think we should try out the irreverent Fiese Freunde Fette Feten better known (in English) as FUNNY FRIENDS.  Rather than create a thumbnail, let me just copy the description from BoardGameGeek:

      Each player plays a character who starts the game as a teenager and then must choose the cards that will make his life take shape. He can repeat a school year and get new friends, start smoking, take part in a Bible discussion group and have his first sexual intercourse during Oktoberfest all very realistic. Every event in the life of a character has some effect on his main characteristics - tobacco addiction, alcohol addiction, drug addiction, wealth, health, sadness, spirituality and wisdom. Excess comes at a price, though, and when a characteristic gets too high, it cancels another one if you smoke too much, you get thin; if you get too fat, you must stop drinking; if you drink too much you lose your wisdom, and so on once more, very realistic. During game, you can get friends, and often more, with other players characters. This is an important feature in the game, since what happens to you usually affects, in good or bad, your friends, and this is one of the main interaction aspects of the game.

      Thats right!  Its the game of Life as a Eurogame with a green tinge.  Are you game?

      See you tomorrow,