Re: [trivalleygamers] RE: Invitation to Games - 2 May

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 10:55 PM

      From: Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...>
      Subject: [trivalleygamers] RE: Invitation to Games - 2 May
      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 10:21 PM

      LAST WEEK:

      Jeff and Dave arrived so we tried out URBAN SPRAWL a game of playing buildings onto a grid to watch it develop from town to city to metropolis.  Along the way, players can also gain special advantages by holding political office (gained by typically owning the most valuable of a particular building type) which will also give a game end bonus as well.  Furthermore there are a lot of events and other things that happen in the game.  As a result, while prestige (i.e. victory points) tend to climb steadily up, money (used to pay for buildings) varies quite a bit and it is not uncommon for a player to go from rags to riches or riches to rags rather quickly.  We only made it through the first 2 stages of the game and were just entering the metropolis (or final) phase of the game.  Jeff and Dave were racing next and next with prestige points (58 and 54) while Rich was behind (39) but holding three political offices in hopes of a nice game end kick to contest for the victory.  Alas with all the text on the cards and learning what happens in the game, we didnt finish.

      THIS WEEK:

      Another nice weekend for outdoor activities, but Wednesday is focused on the game table.  I wouldnt mind a redo of Urban Sprawl if there is interest, but can also suggest something else depending on both player count and game desire.  What are your thoughts?  Can you make it to games?  If so, what might you want to play?  Happy to hear your suggestions with the RSVP.  Please let us know by Tuesday evening if you can make it for Wednesday….