Invitation to Games - 11 Apr

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8 9:41 PM
      Invitation to Games - 11 Apr

      LAST WEEK:

      Three players around the table and I did manage to punch out the numerous tokens for ECLIPSE which was the game of the evening.  This is a game in the 4X (Explore, Expand, Exploit, and Exterminate) genre wherein players are civilizations located within a sector of the map that try to expand their spheres of influence to generate more resources and score VPs.   Conflict can occur when two civilizations run into each other or when remnants of the ancient cultures are uncovered.  To assist the players there are several technology tracks to develop as well as ship classes to improve.  Tim and Dave set out exploring nearby spaces and seemed to get quite effective economic engines going (generating good income to further their expansion and research).  Rich seemed to be trapped in a more desolate region and faced the ancient cultures blocking his expansion.  The only way through was to gain some enhanced military capabilities.  This allowed Rich not only to defeat the ancients but also to take over the central (defended) space.   Of course this put Rich in contact with Tim and Daves civilizations who saw Rich as a militaristic threat.   Tim was doing a good job building up defensive space stations as well as monoliths for VPs.  In the end, Rich managed to have a few more points in controlled areas as well as good points via reputation (a result of battles).  The points scored (shows as reputation / discoveries / monoliths / technology / areas):

          Rich:  34 (10 / 2 / - / 5 / 17)

          Tim:  29 (2 / 2 / 9 / 5 / 11)

          Dave: 23 (5 / 2 / - / 5 / 13)

      THIS WEEK:

      I am ready to host again this week, but realize it might be spring break for some.  Who else can make it to games?  As always, if you can make it, what might you want to play?  Happy to hear your suggestions with the RSVP to the invite.  Please let us know by Tuesday evening if you can make it for Wednesday….

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8 11:54 PM
          I'll be there. Also my brother is in town and has expressed an interest in coming so he may come if that's alright.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9 4:41 AM

            Tim –

            Since you asked - your brother is more than welcome to attend.   Looks like 4 or 5 for Wednesday at the moment, and I am leaning towards LAST WILL (or) HAWAII as possible choices as they play up to 5.  Or does your brother have a favorite game or game type that we might suggest instead?

            -          Rich

            ,___

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9 2:54 PM
              Oh, I'll be there. See you all then.