RE: [trivalleygamers] Digest Number 1388

  • l scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2011

      Hi Rich

      I can make it for the next game night!

      Sincerely
      Lawrence
      Public Library Internet Access only

      I feel Like Neo in the Motion picture the Matrix. Always running to find that public Internet Portal before it closes!

      http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/

      Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 08:49:32 +0000
      From: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [trivalleygamers] Digest Number 1388

      Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

      1.
      Invitation to Games - 7 Dec From: Richard Pardoe

      Message

      1.

      Invitation to Games - 7 Dec

      Posted by: "Richard Pardoe" RPardoe@...   rpardoe@...

      Sun Dec 4, 2011 9:15 pm (PST)

      LAST WEEK:
      The post-holiday game night saw eight players around the table so rather
      than focus on a single game, we divided into two groups for games. Lawrence
      and Ben has expressed interest in THE ADVENTURERS: PYRAMID OF HORUS so was
      joined by Rich and Jeff for that game. As for the other game, Tim, Dave,
      Kris, and Lisa sat down for THE ADVENTURERS: TEMPLE OF CHAC. Both games
      have players as adventurers carrying treasure out of a trap laden area. As
      players pick up more treasure, their "load" increases and they move more and
      more slowly. The Temple of Chac was the first game where explorers are
      racing collapsing walls, lava floors, and rolling boulders to escape out of
      the temple. Pyramis of Horus is the second game on the theme where
      explorers are plundering treasure while hoping not to get trapped by the
      collapsing ceiling inside the pyramid. Both games are relatively quick and
      both were played twice in the evening. Unfortunately, the end of one game
      didn't align with the end of the other, so the same players played each game
      twice rather than switch games midway in the evening.

      In The Temple of Chac, Dave managed to escape with treasure on both games.
      The first game saw Kris escape with just a bit more to win the first game.
      The second game saw everyone else trapped behind the boulder with Dave the
      only exited explorer for the win. At the Pyramid of Horus, all the player's
      were rushing for the exit as the blocks were threatening to close off the
      escape paths. Jeff and Lawrence escaped first followed soon after by Ben.
      Rich was one square from escape when a block fell trapping him inside the
      pyramid giving the win to Jeff. Based on that experience, Rich did a quick
      grab and dash in the second game followed by Lawrence while Jeff and Ben
      were trapped behind. When the points were tallied, Rich and Lawrence were
      tied with Lawrence winning by virtue of claiming the Idol of Horus.

      A very nice pair of thematic games with different elements. Temple (IIRC)
      feels a bit more like a race where one lingers just in front of the looming
      danger but hoping to grab enough material to escape. Pyramid is more a push
      your luck game. Not only for the blocks falling to block exit paths, but
      also that some treasures are "cursed" slowing the player down in addition to
      the material carried. So a bit more balancing of risk and reward via the
      push your luck mechanism. Quick plays and nice to be able to accommodate so
      many players by having these games side-by-side.
      THIS WEEK:
      After the big game evening, will it be a repeat this week? Or a return to
      more typical headcounts? I have plenty of ideas of 2, 3, 4, or 5 players,
      so let's see who will attend before narrowing down to the appropriate games.
      As always (and like Ben/Lawrence did last week) - if you have interest in a
      specific game, please feel free to call it out as you RSVP for ..

      Recent Activity
        Visit Your Group
        Yahoo! Groups
        Mental Health Zone