Re: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 9 Nov

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2011
      I can make it, see you on Wednesday.

      On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...> wrote:

      LAST WEEK:

      Four players around the table as Scot, Tim, and Lawrence were able to attend, so in the interest of time, we opted for BLACK FRIDAY a game of investing in a stock as it rises hoping to cash out before it crashes converting winnings into silver (and then gold).  The game has gained some notoriety for its rules a problem I certainly experienced when I tried this game fresh off the presses at BGG.con last year with only a rudimentary translation of the rules.  From the Geek I did download and print some wonderful flow charts that describe both a turn and a price adjustment.  In fact, I used these to explain the game and followed them as we played made for a very smooth game We did make a simple mistake of buying too many shares initially, but realized this quickly, so just restarted a new game which went much more smoothly.  A few colours did seem to race up in valuation with everyone riding their coattails while yellow was completely ignored (all shares were in the market!) as players waited for it to crash before investing.  The price of silver did race up towards the game ending $100 triggered by purchases in the last round.  While players might have felt behind, revealing the results showed a lot closer game than anyone envisioned.  Everyone was tied with 2 Gold.  Three were tied with 4 Silver, so the game came down to money in hand:

              Scot:  2 Gold / 4 Silver / $75

              Rich:  2 Gold / 4 Silver / $30

              Tim:   2 Gold / 4 Silver / $ 2

              Lawr:  2 Gold / 3 Silver

      THIS WEEK:

      And darkness descends early in the evening now with the return to standard time.  But the lights will be burning in the game room and the table waiting for players on Wednesday.   Who can attend..

    • thedesign3r
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2011
        I can make it too. Lets try something with a little adventure!