Invitation to Games - 31 Aug

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
      Invitation to Games - 31 Aug

      LAST WEEK:

      Following on last weeks Small World, Dave brought over VINCI for us to try.  The larger map, need to keep ones empire together, as well as not being able to place ones empire next to ones declined empire do change the texture of the game.  Of course, both power ups for the empires are drawn from the same pool so there is a possibility of interesting combinations at times.  But with five players, we couldnt finish by the time our game session ended and with a hard stop on my schedule, we did have to call the game just past the half way point.  Tim was in the lead at that point having spread out over quite a few territories.  Dave going last did manage to almost catch Tim with the rest of us trailing behind.  (Looking back, I think I made a mistake not declining one of my empires a turn earlier to grab a desired next set of powers for an empire.)

      Tim: 68  /  Dave: 67  /  Lawrence: 65  /  Ben: 62  /  Rich: 60

      THIS WEEK:

      It is still August as we have 5 Wednesdays this month.  Dave alerted me as he left last week that he has a conflict this week and next and cant attend games.  If we want to try to get in a complete game of Vinci, let me know as I have to get my copy of the game out of storage.  But I do have in the house Ikusa (recent reprint of Samurai Swords / Shogun) and Defenders of the Realm which we could try as well.  Any interest in any of these?  And who can attend ...

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2011

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2011
          I will join you Weds. Ben

          > Following on last week's Small World, Dave brought over VINCI for us to try.
          > The larger map, need to keep one's empire together, as well as not being
          > able to place one's empire next to one's declined empire do change the
          > texture of the game. Of course, both "power ups" for the empires are drawn
          > from the same pool so there is a possibility of interesting combinations at
          > times. But with five players, we couldn't finish by the time our game
          > session ended and with a hard stop on my schedule, we did have to call the
          > game just past the half way point. Tim was in the lead at that point having
          > spread out over quite a few territories. Dave going last did manage to
          > almost catch Tim with the rest of us trailing behind. (Looking back, I
          > think I made a mistake not declining one of my empires a turn earlier to
          > grab a desired next set of powers for an empire.)
          >
          > Tim: 68 / Dave: 67 / Lawrence: 65 / Ben: 62 / Rich: 60
          > THIS WEEK:
          > It is still August as we have 5 Wednesday's this month. Dave alerted me as
          > he left last week that he has a conflict this week and next and can't attend
          > games. If we want to try to get in a complete game of Vinci, let me know as
          > I have to get my copy of the game out of storage. But I do have in the
          > house Ikusa (recent reprint of Samurai Swords / Shogun) and Defenders of the
          > Realm which we could try as well. Any interest in any of these? And who
          > can attend ...

        • thedesign3r
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2011
            I shall bring 'Pirates Cove' By Days of Wonder as requested by Ben.

            Lawrence