Re: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 3 Aug

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2011

      From: Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...>
      Subject: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 3 Aug
      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 8:32 PM

      LAST WEEK:

      Six players around the table, so it was BATTLESTAR GALACTICA that made it to the table.  As I hadnt read up on the Pegasus expansion, it was only the base game for us.  We explained the rules to those who hadnt played before, set up the Galactica within the initial Cylon swarm and set out to see which side would prevail.  The luck was not on the human side as we quickly drew another Cyclon attack as our crisis card prompting the Admiral (Lawrence) to deploy one of the limited nukes to attempt to destroy not only the base stars but also some of the raiders in the vicinity as well.  But shortly after that attempt, another Cylon attack was upon us and we hadnt even advanced far enough to attempt to jump.  Surrounded by several Cylon raiders, the humans lost several civilian ships (six in fact) which dropped the population lower and lower.  And early jump to get rid of the Cyclons dropped the population to 3.  When a skill check was poisoned by Adama (Lawrence), we realized he was in fact a Cyclon and sent him to brig where he revealed his true loyalties.  This sector of space was fairly quiet and we were progressing nicely towards our next jump when Apollo (Tim) went to the FTL control to launch the next jump in fact hoping to lose the remaining 3 population which indeed did happen to let the Cyclons (Tim and Lawrence) win the game.  The humans (Jeff, Dave, Ben, and Rich) just didnt do so well.

      THIS WEEK:

      I did scan the Pegasus expansion rules after the game last week.  This expansion adds Cyclon Leaders (revealed Cylon at the start, but who might have sympathy towards the humans), the Pegasus ship, as well as a New Caprica board.  It also allows for 7 players as well.   So am prepared the next time a large group is around the table for games.  But looking ahead open to any number of games for any number of players.   Have the table, have the games, who will join me As always, if anyone has a suggestion for a game to play, by all means, please make it when you RSVP for….

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011
        I can make it. See everyone then!